Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
stevew said:
or hungary.....germany....france...
Not even close to those countries - this is America, we don't give a shit. Germany has taken in 450,000 refugees and they have 80 million people. American has agreed to 10,000 (and that's not even Trump madness) and we have 320 million people. We're not even close Germany in humanitarian response to this crisis. Their football teams held parties for their arrival - do you think any American sports fans or the large base of fake Christians would do the same - they haven't so far for the Mexicans in decades.

Sep 11, 2015
encouraging? they were just letting the GOP show their true colors.
They were absolutely encouraging the candidates to go after each other. So many of the questions were framed in a way that asked candidates to criticize each others' positions on the issues rather than address the issues themselves. Lots of "So-and-so here on stage said this about you ...."

Jake Tapper even flat out said he wanted the candidates to attack each other.

It was an unmitigated shit show in my salty ass opinion.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They were absolutely encouraging the candidates to go after each other. So many of the questions were framed in a way that asked candidates to criticize each others' positions on the issues rather than address the issues themselves. Lots of "So-and-so here on stage said this about you ...."

disclosure: i didn't watch it.

that being said. they knew the GOP would take the bait. so they trollllolololollled.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid

The Republican base is primarily looking for the person who will be the biggest dick to people they don't like. It that regard, the debate questions were quite relevant. Even if given a chance you wouldn't get actual plans. It's all about the dick swinging.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The Republican base is primarily looking for the person who will be the biggest dick to people they don't like. It that regard, the debate questions were quite relevant. Even if given a chance you wouldn't get actual plans. It's all about the dick swinging.
I'm not surprised that an electorate that most likely can't even spell "nuance", aren't interested in it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I don't believe for one second that Carson believes any of the idiotic anti-science crap he's spewing. No way a neurosurgeon thinks like that. He's just channeling his inner Trump and telling the bible thumping, mouth breathers what they want to hear.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don't believe for one second that Carson believes any of the idiotic anti-science crap he's spewing. No way a neurosurgeon thinks like that. He's just channeling his inner Trump and telling the bible thumping, mouth breathers what they want to hear.
You give him far too much credit. Kowtowing to the baby jeebus and neurosurgery are not mutually exclusive, and all his viewpoints seem to stem from the former.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You give him far too much credit. Kowtowing to the baby jeebus and neurosurgery are not mutually exclusive, and all his viewpoints seem to stem from the former.
It would be interesting to hear from those that have worked with him or know him personally if he spoke like that prior to entering the race.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It would be interesting to hear from those that have worked with him or know him personally if he spoke like that prior to entering the race.
Given that he reportedly passed a chemistry test during undergrad thanks to the steering hand of the same baby jeebus, he's always been a wacko.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/god-helped-ben-carson-ace-his-college-chemistry-final-giving-him-all-answers-dream

I'd personally like to know exactly how much affirmative action helped him get into Yale undergrad and then to med school thereafter. (Then again, Kerry and Bush were legacy admissions idiots. Where are the qualified, non-crazy atheist candidates? Oh yeah, not entering because the demographics of the country would mean they'd be unelectable.)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't know man. I was surrounded by premeds in my undergrad biochem degree. I FULLY believe that nutjob made it though med school. There's aptitude and there's reflection. Most of any kind of school only requires the former.

And I was surrounded by plenty of people who thought electron spin numbers were proof of gawd's awesomeness.