Quantcast

(((:2020-04-24:)))

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:fie: :fie: :fie: :fie: :fie:

Wait. You're no scientist. How the FUCK do you have any idea how many mg/tbsp that shit is? :think: :D
actually it was @H8R who posted a link to this site.
I am guessing a conservative 12% on my flower I used. Its probably stronger but I can't get my crop tested without knowing someone or dropping some coin.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
actually it was @H8R who posted a link to this site.
I am guessing a conservative 12% on my flower I used. Its probably stronger but I can't get my crop tested without knowing someone or dropping some coin.
Very science-y - I approve! :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Tonight is pizza time, gonna use yeast culture I activated and kept alive since the last weekend.
So, this experiment failed. Yeast looked and smelled very yeasty, but failed to raise the dough.
G&Ts now to forget how this week sucked. More work meetings tomorrow.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just sold the useless SC34 120mm fork that came on the Yeti for $750, and a huffy I found abandoned last December for $50.
sweet!
wait... I really should have just put the fork on the huffy. Damnit, such a missed opportunity for greatness.

except I would have needed to weld on a new head tube...

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This right here is the sort of quality content that brings me to ridemonkey.com every day.
Solid content for sure but it is hard to ignore the deep philosophical discussions presented to the tribe.

Stupid question: is there a fundamental difference between fried chicken and chicken fried chicken? One traditionally being boneless and pounded flat maybe?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
So, this experiment failed. Yeast looked and smelled very yeasty, but failed to raise the dough.
I made some pizza dough 2x last week with sourdough starter only

The first time it sucked because I used a normal amount of starter per recipe and didn't proof warm enough to get things going properly and then rushed it due to h'angry family.

The second time I double/tripled the sourdough (making for a very wet dough which required another cup+ on the back end) and a warm/moist proof and it was perfect.

I posit your fed yeast wasn't as concentrated as store bought and you needed to use more.

You can also add tsp sugar to the dough and cut back on salt which would help yeast appetite and breeding...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
G&Ts now to forget how this week sucked. More work meetings tomorrow.
If the yeast has already autolyzed I dont think there is anything to produce the rise. I could be wrong, but as I understand it is the byproducts of autolyzation (yeasts digesting) cause the rise.