Quantcast

2023 Snowshoe WC

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I would have been the first to doubt nice weather for MSA in October, but so far the weather looks great. It's been bone dry for the last 7 days and the forecast shows another 7 days with practically 0% chance of rain including on the Saturday of the race. Rain forecasted on Sunday though, and it's still far ahead so that could change.

I'd say it's more of an exception than the rule though, but it seems like we might be lucky this year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Long DNS this round.

Because sketched out or got hurt?

In Jack's video he was speaking to Dean, who mentioned something a long the lines "I'd like to at least come out of this one all good and be able to finish at MSA". Ruh roh, guy should have knocked on wood.

Wonder what happened with Kade? He seemed to be riding fine in the videos I watched, even if he probably wouldn't qualify..
1696017722601.png

Also hope that Canadian junior guy is good. He was the first guy out and ate it hard in the rock garden. He walked to the side, but obviously couldn't ride down and DNF'd.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
What tire are most of the Maxxis sponsored riders running? It looks like a shorty but not a shorty. Personally I ride snowshoe enough to think I need a set.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Long DNS this round.

Because sketched out or got hurt?

In Jack's video he was speaking to Dean, who mentioned something a long the lines "I'd like to at least come out of this one all good and be able to finish at MSA". Ruh roh, guy should have knocked on wood.

Wonder what happened with Kade? He seemed to be riding fine in the videos I watched, even if he probably wouldn't qualify..
View attachment 201225

Also hope that Canadian junior guy is good. He was the first guy out and ate it hard in the rock garden. He walked to the side, but obviously couldn't ride down and DNF'd.
I bet Lucas' hair got in his eyes.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
not the first time i've heard that rumor. however i'd say whistler probably has more of their ducks in a row between infrastructure and a track.
Big if true, but.. infrastructure is lacking. And the current course isn't suitable for a WC, especially when wet.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
happened to catch the juniors yt stream while having a late lunch today. was cool. they need to hire gwin. good on pinkerton for keeping cool and pulling out the win.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Did you see the two dopes that ran across the course right in front of Hugo Marini about 3 seconds into his run? Morons.
I seen them Brother. Fucking possibly Ruint his whole run? Right at the start as well? Fuck,that would throw me off as a normal man,as a semi or pro racer,that is one of the worst things that can happen!

Gwin has to come back and win 2,that’s right 2 to cement this matter like a child dipping her hands in it!

Avy

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Who else thinks Dak has a chance? He had a very good run last year and he seems to be getting faster and faster every race.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
What tire are most of the Maxxis sponsored riders running? It looks like a shorty but not a shorty. Personally I ride snowshoe enough to think I need a set.
In one of the Vital videos Greg is talking about a new Maxxis tire that some of the guys are running. I think it's called the Mudslayer or something like that?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
On one of Moir's videos watching practice, he was set up in one of the tricky rock gardens. Asa just buttered it, cleaner than any of the pros, and gapped out of it. That kid's a prodigy.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
Who else thinks Dak has a chance? He had a very good run last year and he seems to be getting faster and faster every race.
would love to see that but he has to contend with the dream crusher himself, Bruni and his shitty lockout…