Quantcast

24 hours of Dalton

splat

Nam I am
You relize Now I am going to have to go through all the pictures again , and look for some of "the Best " looks , and post them of course.

and I don't know about anybody else ,But I can't stop thinking about that race and how much fun it was! the smile is still on my face from it !

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
You relize Now I am going to have to go through all the pictures again , and look for some of "the Best " looks , and post them of course.

and I don't know about anybody else ,But I can't stop thinking about that race and how much fun it was! the smile is still on my face from it !
I can't stop thinking about how awesome in so many different ways the race and the weekend were either.

I am reminded that I forgot to deliver that beer to Echo for the XT derailleur he sent me. DOH!

Echo - I owe you two now - and I'll buy you more if you pay a visit to CT to ride with us. :cool: :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Now that you've proven you can kick ass as a solo, it's time to join a team and actually enjoy the race.
There is an 18 hour race coming up in two weeks. I was going to do a team but with the busted hand it will be even better, I'll be running support and drinking beer.

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
I've had to be 3 Stuntmattys at once this past week and finally have time to reply.

First I need to thank Victor at Trailblazers for the support. :thumb:

Huge amounts of gratitude to my wrench b!tch Instigator, you keep me rollin' bro, thanks :thumb:

Treesaw - thanks for keeping me alive and well nourished, yer awesome! :thumb:

Justbill - thanks for the heater. :thumb:

To my team - we kicked (balanced???) alotta ass that weekend, no matter what the race results say. Dalton 2005 will be ours!

Greasey Monkey - It was fun stinking up your tent :p

Ghostrider - It was a blast, glad you could make it.

Deyv and Isa - Always great to see you guys and rage trails together. Maybe next year I'll actually be able to keep up with BOTH of you speed demons.

Earl - I'm still trying to figure out which part of the campsite you cut thru during the Lemans start to beat me to the bikes :think: :p

Tweek - I swear I didn't touch your bike.

Echo - Good times as always. Nice one hander on the over/under btw.

4MAAB - It was a pleasure meeting you all.

Westy = respect. Along with the rest of the solo riders.

Funniest thing to happen to me during the race was during my night lap. I was pinning it on the DH section when a speed tear removed my contact lense from my eye. What challenge it was getting back.

Dalton was awesome! I'm hooked now and can't wait to do another 24h race.

splat

Nam I am
I just have to give every body more pics to look at it !

was too good not too!

but echo started it ! the Faces of Dalton!

(These first ones are from Jdcamb's pics )
Dalton Doug

the terror JT

JT on the Bike

So she is Not a Monkey ! Whoo cares :devil: Jim took a bunch of pics of her .
I wonder why ! Maybe because she Kicked a$$ as the Defending Solo Woman's rider and won it again ! ( notice her Number plate )

Deyv!!!!!

Now on to my photo's and with the new hih res camera , I can get some prteety good detail

MMcG !

JT again!

Me l looking like I need to hit that porta potty again!

Echo letting out a Yell

IAB

IAB letting out a Yell!

My Daughter Jessica in the Kids race

Instigator , always ready to smile for the camera !

and Isabel as she crosses the finish line , that about says it all !

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did anyone else see the dude riding the Cannondale prototype bike? I rode behind the guy for a while and realized I had never seen the bike before. He said he worked for Cannondale and was testing a prototype. Wish I could have gotten a pick of it. Kind of looked like a mix between a jeckel and a trek fuel.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Westy said:
Did anyone else see the dude riding the Cannondale prototype bike? I rode behind the guy for a while and realized I had never seen the bike before. He said he worked for Cannondale and was testing a prototype. Wish I could have gotten a pick of it. Kind of looked like a mix between a jeckel and a trek fuel.
Yes it was pretty cool too. They have licensed the VPP design and it is a totally new design for them. The guy who was cleaning didn't know anything about the bike and I didn't have my camera with me so.....jdcamb

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
jdcamb said:
Yes it was pretty cool too. They have licensed the VPP design and it is a totally new design for them. The guy who was cleaning didn't know anything about the bike and I didn't have my camera with me so.....jdcamb
All I know is the dude got owned on the roots at the begining of the lap, went down like 4 times.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
Nope definately not the profit. From what I saw it had a rocker activating the shock. It had to have a pivotless chainstay like a fuel or another rocker like a VPP or DW link. It was hard to see the details because it was at night but it definately was not the Prophet. Looked to be a longer travel XC alternative to the Scalpel. It seemed to bob a lot on the climb after the first stream crossing before the woods, but that could be the rider or a poorly set up shock.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Westy said:
Nope definately not the profit. From what I saw it had a rocker activating the shock. It had to have a pivotless chainstay like a fuel or another rocker like a VPP or DW link. It was hard to see the details because it was at night but it definately was not the Prophet. Looked to be a longer travel XC alternative to the Scalpel. It seemed to bob a lot on the climb after the first stream crossing before the woods, but that could be the rider or a poorly set up shock.
Nope not the same bike for sure. It had a lot more going on then the prophet.....jdcamb

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
No doubt. I slipped on one of those roots and cracked my knee on my stem. FRIGGIN OUCH!!!!

BTW splat, those up close face shots are hilarious! :D
Those roots were definitely tough. Especially the no see um roots!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I ended up hiking a bike in parts of that section (all 5 laps)

FYI: the 24 tore that 1st section up so much, they made a new longer section of trail around it

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good times Good times - I feel bad I deleted my photos in my attachment folder though because now they are missing from this thread. It is too bad that once photos get included in a thread they can't remain there, but a RM user could/should be able to delete t hem from their attachment folder so that he or she could add to future threads without losing old photos they submitted in older threads. :(

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
T-Dog and I were just talking last night that it may be time to start smack talking the Old Pueblo race. Which of you east-coasters is man enough to make the trip out west in February and take on the incredible Team Numbnuts?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
T-Dog and I were just talking last night that it may be time to start smack talking the Old Pueblo race. Which of you east-coasters is man enough to make the trip out west in February and take on the incredible Team Numbnuts?
We have been discussing that already. I'm DEFINITELY in, and we might actually have enough people for at least 2 teams. Treesaw and Squirrel were interested but she might have trouble getting time off in the school year.

I think we should have a singlespeed team. :devil:

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
splat said:
I just read through this thread again and decided it needed a Bump , Just because of the good times it was!!!
Thanks Splat,

I just rewatched your CDs of pics from Dalton last week. Good stuff, we are sad that we won`t be there next year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Hmmmm, (flipping through empty calendar) sounds tempting.