Quantcast

24 hours of Dalton

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Echo said:
We have been discussing that already. I'm DEFINITELY in, and we might actually have enough people for at least 2 teams. Treesaw and Squirrel were interested but she might have trouble getting time off in the school year.

I think we should have a singlespeed team. :devil:
Sweet! Let the smack talk begin. Squirrel and Treesaw are required. Tweek too. And Mtbkngrl and Gee Spot, for that matter. And Instigator. And Stuntmatty and Greasey Monkey too. Deyv and Isa if they are still on the continent are absolutely not optional. You all should just rent a pimped out tour bus.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Dude, you would have a blast. I suggest joining a team (such as Team Numbnuts, just as a hypothetical idea) this time around so you can actually enjoy it.
Go back through this thread and check out the chit eating grin I had on my face the whole time. I loved it every second of it. But it would definately be nice to have more time to socialize. A 2 man team would be nice, I would go nuts waiting to ride in a larger team.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
ghostrider said:
Sweet! Let the smack talk begin. Squirrel and Treesaw are required. Tweek too. And Mtbkngrl and Gee Spot, for that matter. And Instigator. And Stuntmatty and Greasey Monkey too. Deyv and Isa if they are still on the continent are absolutely not optional. You all should just rent a pimped out tour bus.
What's the date? Then I will know if I can come :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
What's the date? Then I will know if I can come :D
Open up your 2005 Mountain Bike Season in 24-Hour fashion with the 6th Annual 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo Relay Mountain Bike race. Scheduled for Presidents Day weekend, February 19, 2005, in Tucson, AZ.

www.epicrides.com

If we're gonna do it, we better decide quick. The field for this race sells out quick. None of this coming up with teams willy nilly like Dalton, and getting campsites together 3 weeks before the race :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
Open up your 2005 Mountain Bike Season in 24-Hour fashion with the 6th Annual 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo Relay Mountain Bike race. Scheduled for Presidents Day weekend, February 19, 2005, in Tucson, AZ.

www.epicrides.com

If we're gonna do it, we better decide quick. The field for this race sells out quick. None of this coming up with teams willy nilly like Dalton, and getting campsites together 3 weeks before the race :D

ummm......yeah....Dalton Doug likes to bike race, and he has lots of vaca time, any teams need another rider?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:

www.epicrides.com

LOL! I think we can do it. I have the entire week after the race off. I would have to call in "sick" on the 18th and we could fly out on the 17th. I think it's do-able.

splat

Nam I am
well Going through this thread again , made me go through My pics again.

and as I was going through , I noticed something I had missed before .

this was when every one was getting there bikes after the le Mans start , I just held the camera up and fired. well this camera was set to super high res , and I zoomed in and Noticed WESTY !!!!

right as he first got on the bike!

splat

Nam I am
I was going through Emails last night and came across, the description that Dalton Doug sent to 4 :monkey:'s and a Baboon , befroe he posted in the smack talk threadthat it was flat and should be run with slicks

all I know was #4 was not easy . and #9 was a bit more than a Mile !

Course:
1) basically flat dirt road (1/5 mile)
2) short singletrack section w/short climb & short DH into over/under
3)back to dirt road, short climb,small dh to stream crossing, very short climb, turn at manure pile
4)short easy field climb
5)turn into singletrack, bridge over mud, then very rooty section (tough when wet)
6)more singletrack into short climb in a field
7)back into singletrack,
8)start the CLIMB!! 1st part short singletrack climb
9)pop out onto dirt road...now about 1 mile of CLIMBING! not granny
gear but maybe 3rd or 4th...took me about 17 minutes going hard
10)small section of DH on road
11)guess what, more climbing ! a tough technical singletrack climb (expect to see people walking)
12)relatively flat/semi technical singletrack
13)now for some fun ........about 1-1.5 miles of DH: rocky, sketchy sections, muddy sections, couple bridges and FAST :)
14) sharp left (still singletrack), slight uphill, then into the pipeline climb, not long but steep & rooty, can be tough being at this point you'll be tired, and then the last 50 ft is REAL steep
15)onto a dirt road, little bit of climbing
16)turn right into singletrack, pretty much DH
17) hit the over/under.........and sprint to the finish
18)pass out

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Heh, I was just talking to MBC the other day about Dalton, telling her how I had a hard time walking before that last lap because of back pain, let alone get on a bike and race. The pain made it so much sweeter to finish.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
I was going through Emails last night and came across, the description that Dalton Doug sent to 4 :monkey:'s and a Baboon , befroe he posted in the smack talk thread that it was flat and should be run with slicks

all I know was #4 was not easy . and #9 was a bit more than a Mile !
:D :dancing: :D

I was guessing at the mileage (my cyclometer was dead)

#4 is easy (when its dry!!!)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
i just got back from a nice erbon ride on the Cheeta - figured pedaling the heavy bike with the Stick E rubber tires around town a bit would be a good workout!!

Would have been better with some riding companions such as IAB and MBC - but methinks they were hitting the gym and or volleyball court this evening.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Would have been better with some riding companions such as IAB and MBC - but methinks they were hitting the gym and or volleyball court this evening.

For me, both. I hit the gym right after work, and we are headed to volleyball in an hour. Frikkin 9:15 start. :rolleyes:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Damn yo that's going to put you guys up past your bedtime! ;)

Have fun and you need to come out and ride with me once you get those lights Muchambo!!! :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Damn yo that's going to put you guys up past your bedtime! ;)

Have fun and you need to come out and ride with me once you get those lights Muchambo!!! :)
FedEx will deliver them tomorrow! :thumb: That reminds me, I need to leave them a note on my door...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
yeah we noticed it was echo and the 4 ringers
You've got to admit Echo's game plan was brilliant: "Recruit four riders faster and stronger than me." Not to say Echo can't hold his own, but that was a good game plan.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Yeah, but we're hoping to get Gee Spot and Mtbkngrl, and that combination should be about the same speed as the Deyv and Isa combination :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
You guys crack me up!!

I dont know, Is it right to talk smack to guys on other teams that are slower than me? Deyv wouldnt be racing on Team Jackielopes, so maybe I'll let you guys handle all the smack!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
My goal is to be one year older and a little bit faster for 2005. :) That and I'd like to contribute 4 laps this year instead of just throwing in 3 like I did in 2004.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
My goal is to be one year older and a little bit faster for 2005. :) That and I'd like to contribute 4 laps this year instead of just throwing in 3 like I did in 2004.

:thumb:

me thinks there might be a fight for who goes 2nd !