Quantcast

40lb post! DH/FR Rigs around the 40lb mark! tips, pics, specs

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
:clapping: fenders are for girls that dont like to get mud on there back when they ride. ohh and there totally pointless. other than that though the m3 is totally sick man.

HEM3

Chimp
Dec 7, 2006
The fender is home made...

frznnomad,
After a muddy DH without the fender that area gets really dirty. And it means more maintenance in the shock...

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
i like the idea off the fender stuff,how do you make such fender?By the way sick bike dude.

MaD666MaX

Monkey
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal
here's one little update.
frame is for sale btw...check classifieds
40.2pounds

Frame: Orange 223 2005 15"
Rear Shock: Fox DHX 5.0
Spring: Progressive Ti 450lbs
Fork: Rock Shox Boxxer Race
Headset: FSA Orbit Mx with topcap
Spacer: Carbon
Crank: Truvativ Holzfeller DH
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Howitzer Team
Pedals: Speedplay drillium
Chainguide: E.13 SRS East Coast
Gear: FSA DH 38t
Chainring bolts: E.13 Steel
Front brake: Avid Juicy 7 Carbon 203mm
Rear brake: Avid Juicy 7 Carbon 203mm
Front hub: Ringlé ABBAH SOS DH(20mm)
Rear hub: Ringlé ABBAH SOS DH(150X12mm)
Rims: Mavic EX721
Spokes: DT Supercomp 260mm
Nipples: DT Alu 12mm
Front tire: Michelin Comp16 2.5
Rear tire: Michelin Comp24.1 2.5
Rim tape: Tape X
Scealler: Stan's Notube
Tubes: Axiom 20X1.25
Cassette: Sram PG-990
Chain: Sram PC-991 Hollowpin
Stem: Thomson Elite 0° x 50
Bar: Answer Pro Taper 2"
Barends: Plastic
Shifter: Shimano XT with cable
Housing: Jagwire
Seatpost: Thomson Elite 27,2 mm
Seatclamp: Orange
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Nisene Ti
Rear derailleur: Shimano XTR short cage
Grips: ODI Lock-On Cane Creek

Attachments

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
My DHR sit's a bit over 38......i think alot of you fools are way off with your weight measurements......

i'll try to score gravity lights when they are available.....and if i trip on some money and i can afford to geek out, i'll get the new magnesium codes, a hollow pin chain, a skinny sdg saddle, and maybe throw some fresh tires on 2.5f/2.2r ....that'll get me under or around 36 and still be an extremely sturdy bike......

MttyTee

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Back on the east coast!
My DHR sit's a bit over 38......i think alot of you fools are way off with your weight measurements......

i'll try to score gravity lights when they are available.....and if i trip on some money and i can afford to geek out, i'll get the new magnesium codes, a hollow pin chain, a skinny sdg saddle, and maybe throw some fresh tires on 2.5f/2.2r ....that'll get me under or around 36 and still be an extremely sturdy bike......

Now you just need to ride it.......

Aman112

Chimp
Dec 28, 2006

What size frame is that?

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
awesome socom devotion ! i did what you said changed my tires and chain guide and i got my socom down to 40.1 .not 35 yet but i'm gaining on you !

ewoq

Chimp
Jul 7, 2007
germany
nice rides everyone!

some pics of my commencal mini dh:
- fork will be changed for a 36/66 or totem coil
- i still have to modify my mrp sys 3 so it fits the frame

DEVOTiON

Chimp
Jan 11, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks guys

awesome socom devotion ! i did what you said changed my tires and chain guide and i got my socom down to 40.1 .not 35 yet but i'm gaining on you !
Nice man! Which tires?

very nice man. how are the schwalbes holding up? i've got some big bettys i'm waiting to try (though i'm worried they're too light to be durable in a dh application).
The Nobby Nics are holding up fine, so far. My only worries is the sidewalls, which are thicker on the Big Betty. You'll be fine on them if you don't rip rockgardens thinking you have 4plys ;).