Quantcast

9/30 Three B Fest (Beers, Bikes, Boobies)

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'll be there Saturday sometime after 11, I'm sleeping in.

I've got shovels, tools, tampers, the whole shooting match. Are we bringing out a tractor? We've moved maybe five yards of dirt at the Switch this week, and I am in no mood to try to do a 25yd truck load by hand. I'm fat and lazy.

Zero, I'll give you a ride down if you want, just plan on being there for a bit as we're going to be out in the country.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
yeah i think im gonna call about a bobcat today, or maybe talk to the
neighbors as a couple of them out this way have tractors...
or the dude that is delivering it is pretty cool, im all but positive he has dirt moving equipment...he does have an excavating service after all

edit
just got off the phone with excavating duder
he has a small tractor

edit part duex
got TWENTY FIVE pounds of meat yesterday
pork butt and shoulder
ribs
hamburgers
hotdogs
potatoe salad
coleslaw

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
If all goes well for me, I'll have a nice dinner w/the wife at the Rusty Scupper tonight, will fish topwaters at dawn tomorrow, will drink microbeers at the festival tomorrow afternoon and then either head down to see what you all are getting into in Virginny...or pass out and do shuttle runs in the 'shed on Sunday. :biggrin:

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
come on down man, you're welcome thats for sure :thumb:
by sunday we will have something rideable i hope
at a minimum a logride/skinny thing will be built and the mounds
of dirt that will become dj's will be laid out...just still lots of shaping
to do of course
in the interest of both sefl preservation and user friendliness for visiting :monkey:s, they will be table tops vs gapped doubles.

if it will work out its gonna be something like talbe, berm, table x 3 or 4 into a Y..one way will feed into trail entrance/wooded area, the other direction will go to wallride to redirect back upgrade/slope to hopefully maintain/regain enough speed to hit a few more tables ~ 3-4 more

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I will see what I can do about getting out tomorrow.
I woke up today feeling like nine shades of sh!t, either my allergies are kicking my ballsack to the roof or I have a cold.

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
No love from the bike gods...broke my bottom bracket, totally in half...so im waitin on parts to come in. But if there's a future gathering to session the jumps, I'm down

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
status
made 3 different flavored pork bbqs
1 log ride
1 berm
start of first table
berm one is gonna get mod'd already with a 2nd 'high line' that will feed into a longer table
ended up with 3 dump trucks ~48-51 tons of sweet a$$ sand/clay dirt...it packs like 'crete

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Man, I really wanted to make it down but had a bit too much fun at the MD Microbrew Festival. Clipper City's Small Craft Warning and Loose Cannon povided a hoppy-malty 1-2 punch of 7.5%ABV destruction that had me snoring between bouts of unintelligible gibberish on the couch from 8:30pm Saturday night until 1:30am Sunday morning...when I finally gave up hope and dragged my a$$ to bed. I was next to useless all day Sunday, watching TV, playing soccer with my kids and ignoring the lawn.

What was the weather like down there? We had rain off and on all day Saturday and when I turned in on Sunday, it was sprinkling still. Between that and my epic inebriation, definitely not the right set of conditions for me to set off on a long drive under.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
weather was perfect
unfortunately no building occured saturday at all
all of the work was done on sunday
im going out of town this weekend but plan to be building in earnest
weather permitting of course, ALL weekend sat and sun so you're welcome to come on down
some small stuff will probably be occuring during the week so by the
time you get here there will be something to ride (assuming you like to dj that is) i know some 26r's have an aversion to taking flight, something to do with crash landings :clue:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
This w/e (7th/8th), I have Saturday all free, next w/e (14th/15th), I have Sunday free after 11:00am and the following w/e (21st/22nd), I plan on camping somewhere I can fish, ride & raise a little hell. This scheduling stuff sucks, but is a necessary side effect of continued marriage and gainful employment. :disgust1:

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
im down with the sunday in question that you mention
the following weekend you can ride and raise hell here, and if you insist on camping...well you can use my back yard, however i suspet you'd find the couch more comfortable. i don't know about how good the fishing is, but gray's creek/james rives is literally 0.5 miles from my house, i'll ask around about the fishing. i've got two sea kayaks that i've heard people fish out of, although i wouldn't know as i'm not a fisherman, i simply just don't have the patience, lemme know what ya think.