Quantcast

A couple new pix of my new house (interior shots)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Welcome to N8 & Miz N8's martini lounge/coffee house themed abode.

All that's really missing is a 50" Panasonic plasma on the living room wall (figure 2.5 mtb units :p) and a Shag print or two...

*edit* masking tape is holding the edge band in place while the contact cement drys... the house is 99% done with some minor things remaing to be installed...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Nice...that's very swanky. I like what you did with the two-toned crown moulding.

I'm looking to paint the main part of my interior a suave gold...what color did you use? In two of the pics it looks like it has a green hue to it? But one looks to be the perfect gold...I'd like to pick up a pint of whatever color that is and test it out...

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
TreeSaw said:
Nice theme :thumb: I like a big kitchen with countertops....does the bar top/eating surface have a tiered counter level with the sink?
looks like it, you can see the sink head spout thingy in the right of that picture.

btw, looks great...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You have a sign in french on your walls. George W would be ashamed.

Nice digs though. I personally have gone for the second hand palace of filth theme for my house.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't care for the furniture section in the living room....a bit too modern for my taste. But hell, it's just furniture.

The place looks great, N8. Very nice! :) Love the open kitchen.

What about the rest of the house?

J

JRB

Westy said:
You have a sign in french on your walls. George W would be ashamed.

Nice digs though. I personally have gone for the second hand palace of filth theme for my house.

:stupid: Julie is really thrilled about me doing that too.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dh girlie said:
Nice...that's very swanky. I like what you did with the two-toned crown moulding.

I'm looking to paint the main part of my interior a suave gold...what color did you use? In two of the pics it looks like it has a green hue to it? But one looks to be the perfect gold...I'd like to pick up a pint of whatever color that is and test it out...

Actually it's more of a martini olive green... the color came from Lowes. I think it was called Open Plane but I'll check.

The top bit of moulding is 5 1/4" shadow crown then about a 4" space of wall (which is painted cayanne red) and then there is a strip of 1 1/2" pine chair rail. Usually when I build a spec house I paint the whole thing white to creat the illusion of multi-stepped trim but in this case I love the accent of the red.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
I don't care for the furniture section in the living room....a bit too modern for my taste. But hell, it's just furniture.

The place looks great, N8. Very nice! :) Love the open kitchen.

What about the rest of the house?

More snaps to come in the next few days as we get stuff out of boxes... f*uck, does moving ever suck major ASS! :mad:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
HAHA! Well, its ok since it's related to the coffee bean...

Should I post a W sign in the yard to offset it?

:p
Draw and quarter a hippie then suspend his remains about your property. That should balance things out.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
N8 said:
Actually it's more of a martini olive green... the color came from Lowes. I think it was called Open Plane but I'll check.

The top bit of moulding is 5 1/4" shadow crown then about a 4" space of wall (which is painted cayanne red) and then there is a strip of 1 1/2" pine chair rail. Usually when I build a spec house I paint the whole thing white to creat the illusion of multi-stepped trim but in this case I love the accent of the red.

I like that...looks really cool...I thought it was one big hunka crown. I'm looking for a nice gold...nothing to pinky, orangy, yellowy, or greeny...it's hard as hell...I think I have about 200 bucks in test paints! I think I'm going to have to look toward the tanish golds. I was also thinking of putting some of that wainscotting in one of the bafrooms...painting it white and paiting the walls a nice sage green...but now that there is going to be no lull between snowboard and mtn bike season, it may have to wait...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TreeSaw said:
Nice theme :thumb: I like a big kitchen with countertops....does the bar top/eating surface have a tiered counter level with the sink?

Funny you should say that because most people thing the kitchen is small... however. it isn't. The pantry door is 8' tall by the way... the ceilings are all 10' 4"...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
picking wall colors is more of a pain in the arse then one would think...we ended up liking 4 different colors from the huge-ass color picker, and bought the smallest cans we could find. we primed a section of wall, and painted a bit using each color. turns out we hated all 4...

we ended up picking a color called "pale yellow" of all things. the names of the colors are pretty funny.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Brian HCM#1 said:
Nice, I wanna new house.

Well, it is nice to be a home building contractor... :p

I won't bore you with the costs since you probably would just cry since you are in such an expensive area to build in...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
picking wall colors is more of a pain in the arse then one would think...we ended up liking 4 different colors from the huge-ass color picker, and bought the smallest cans we could find. we primed a section of wall, and painted a bit using each color. turns out we hated all 4...

we ended up picking a color called "pale yellow" of all things. the names of the colors are pretty funny.

Yeah I hear you. Normally I am picking out colors for a new house that isn't sold so I can pick just about anything that I think will be popular. However, since this was my house, I pick the colors out based on our living room sofa which we'd bought while the house was being framed. It was a major pain but worked out great in the end.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
N8 said:
Yeah I hear you. Normally I am picking out colors for a new house that isn't sold so I can pick just about anything that I think will be popular. However, since this was my house, I pick the colors out based on our living room sofa which we'd bought while the house was being framed. It was a major pain but worked out great in the end.
N8, the new authority on interior design. You should get a show on HGTV.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BurlySurly said:
N8, the new authority on interior design. You should get a show on HGTV.

"Those dudes are fags!"

They should have to do it in the real world where $1000 doesn't pay for squat and labor ain't free.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
That first picture could be a Shag print. All it needs is the pointy tit chick and that 3D tribal head thing.

God such a hater of Shag! Shag just has his own style (pointy titted chicks, tikis and what not) like any other artist...picasso with his slashed up looking crap, dali with his weird surreal stuff...you don't have to like it...it almost sounds like I need to pull out my famous rum raisin ice cream theory here...are you gonna hate on rum raisin ice cream and make fun of it all the time just cuz you don't like it??

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
God such a hater of Shag! Shag just has his own style (pointy titted chicks, tikis and what not) like any other artist...picasso with his slashed up looking crap, dali with his weird surreal stuff...you don't have to like it...it almost sounds like I need to pull out my famous rum raisin ice cream theory here...are you gonna hate on rum raisin ice cream and make fun of it all the time just cuz you don't like it??
picasso actually had a whole bunch of styles, other than rum raisin.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
dh girlie said:
Actually I think it's cool stuff. I just like getting a reaction out of you. If you don't like me talking smack about Shag we could go back to spiders :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Actually I think it's cool stuff. I just like getting a reaction out of you. If you don't like me talking smack about Shag we could go back to spiders :D
It is almost Halloween after all - so spiders would be a fitting topic in the lounge. :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:

eh...forget it...I'm bored and I was hoping to pick a fight and I like the rum raisin theory and it's been a while...wait...I think I had to pull it out in the new punk sucks thread...so never mind.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I had some pumpkin flavored ice cream last night..goddamn it was delicious...with a sugar cone...

My friend that lives in Billings used to get like 30 gallons every Thanksgiving from Baskin Robbins.

Spiders - I saw a house regoddamneddiculously covered with spiders for Halloween while I was in Houston. The air is bad there I tell ya.