Quantcast

////\\\All Praise NOTHING, Its Saturday///\\\

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Went skiing for the first time this year. Great conditions. Mount Snow upgraded a couple of lifts and they are niiiice. Also, free lift tickets are better than paying.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Went to a friend/coworker's birthday party. Was kind of weird as other than me and one of his childhood friends all the other people there were his wife's friends/coworkers, who all happen to be first line managers where we work. My general opinion of first line managers at work is that they are pretty much subservient useless administrators incapable and not allowed to make any decisions. For the most part our leadership has tight lipped Cosa Nostra approach to what they do and I got to hear their experiences first hand. They basically explained their roles as being subservient administrators incapable and not allowed to make any decisions, and they were all rather happy about collecting fat paychecks for little work other than attending meetings. They say don't hate the player hate the game but when the players happily reinforce the rules of the game...
I swear to fucking god every time you post shit like this I wonder if we work for the same company and just dont know it…

eta - potty mouth on my part bc just thinking about those fuckers aggravates me…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I swear to fucking god every time you post shit like this I wonder if we work for the same company and just dont know it…

eta - potty mouth on my part bc just thinking about those fuckers aggravates me…
The worse part is that the few managers who actually try to be "leaders" and make things better become outcasts. United States of Corporate Generica.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Chilling in a hotel in St. George, waiting to see if the weather cooperates today for some riding shenanigans. Stupid fucking gravel race is being held on the better in town trails, but they should wrap up soon. Might be night riding on either the E or normal bike.

EDIT: aaaaand…it’s raining. Maybe I’ll just drive to Bootleg or Blue Diamond tomorrow. Or sign up for Ashley Madison.
(keeeeediiing)

Last edited:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Anyone heard from @Poops McDougal lately? We might need to send @eric strt6 out in his best fishing gear to sweep the delta for him.
Thanks for the concern - we’re doing fine here in the suburbs, but some family members in the foothills haven’t fared quite as well. Everyone’s safe, but many of the roads were blocked by mud/rock slides, or washed out entirely.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just think how much worse that shit would be working for a big company in Japan or China.

I have worked for two big Japanese corporations and it is nothing like this. Here when a decision is necessary a manager puts together a group of low level working schmucks and some influential sycophants. Influential sycophants try to get low level schmucks to put together a plan they think some executive wants to see. If low level schmucks agree said plan gets quickly approved through leadership and some executive is pleased to see that their team put together exactly what they wanted. If low level shmucks disagree, multiple plans are proposed and each level of leadership edits it until a plan is presented to an executive that is exactly what they want to see. If shit goes sideways low level schmucks are put through the meat grinder to fix it and are blamed for putting together a shitty plan. All power is held at the top, zero accountability anywhere.

Japanese business culture is very tops down authoritarian but some authority is delegated and accountability is held at the top. It may not always get better results but at least the path to failure is a lot more efficient.

When I was 24 I was given the responsibility to negotiate 6 figure contracts. I recently had to get approval from 4 managers including an executive to get a $40 memory card for my laptop so I could do my job.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
When I was 24 I was given the responsibility to negotiate 6 figure contracts. I recently had to get approval from 4 managers including an executive to get a $40 memory card for my laptop so I could do my job.
I love stuff like that.

Maybe not exactly that, but I take great pleasure in presenting good, well thought out ideas and plans for things that actually work. But ultimately, if there is another option, even if unproven or I straight up tell them that it isnt a great idea, theyll go with the lower cost option just because.

It's funny how that $40 thing becomes $400 and then $4000. Where if they had gone with the proven and recommended plan, they'd save a whole lot of wasted time and money.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
16 and some change miles on the road bike today. 40f and slightly windy, was properly dressed. Time for wings. It's nice to be grilling after 6pm and it's not pitch black.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
4-6” dense powder reported at WP. Chatted with Stoney last night after he go in, but as promised he is going to work, not ski.

back to Denver right after Devo—another wind ensemble concert this evening.
If you're dork logger video is anything to go by, he has chosen poorly. :busted:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work computer is off. Work phone is off. Voicemail and email ooo are set. Bags are packed and we're ready to go.

Haley has her gloves and collar packed, since Nashville has a K1, she's going to give it a go and see what she can do to their track times.