Quantcast

"allah made me do it"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
ALEXIS_DH said:
maybe the day you realize the underlying idea in your own post you might start to understand the POV of those who oppose the US agenda on the world, specially the middle east.
what...that they're both racist and sexist? not trying to crack wise here, you'll have to point out my blind spot on this one.

Btyler311

Chimp
Aug 8, 2004
They do so hate us for our freedom and for justice, and freedom! G.W. Bush said so.

(I won't sign this)

E

enkidu

mack said:
100 years ago they were riding camels and living in tents, too bad some one hit oil.

mack said:
bah, bite me. They went down hill after the Spaniards kicked their ass. They used to be a great culture that sparked intellect and free thinking with large libraries and centers of thought.
Since 5000 years ago their ancestors, Sumerians, Babylonians, Assyrians and others, have been writing down history, epic stories (Gilgamesh story etc), law code (Hammurabi, Lipit Ishtar etc), science (trigonometry, astronomy etc) and other highly civilized thoughts.

Noah's Flood story was written there over 1000 years before The Old Testament (Torah) story was written.

And Iraqis are mindful and rightfully proud of their culture and heritage.

Wouldn't you just love to be able to bike around the ancient ruins without worrying about land mines and depleted uranium?

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
$tinkle said:
we just nominated a BLACK WOMAN to secretary of state (that's a high post in our country).

even such, she still is forbidden to drive in saudi arabia.

but, let me look at it from their point of view. :rolleyes:
* bump *

Is this a thread about Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or Islam and women's rights in general?

The reason I ask is that as it's been pointed out that the US has just nominated a black woman to be secretary of state, Pakistan (an Islamic nation) has had a female President. They're not the only one either.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the comment was regarding saudi arabia's oppression of women as an implementation of domestic policy, whereas ours is a side effect (where present)

after perusing http://www.islam101.com/dawah/muslim_world_map.html, i found no obvious clarity to the "flavor" of islam (shia), and as it relates to the (in)tolerance of women in public roles.