Quantcast

American education system...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The sad thing is, people who are stupid, but think they're not.

You know the kind... those who don't know the difference between their, there, they're or your, you're.

I don't mean people who make mistakes, I mean people who are simply ignorant but don't realize it :(

J

JRB

LordOpie said:

You know the kind... those who don't know the difference between their, there, they're or your, you're.

I don't mean people who make mistakes, I mean people who are simply ignorant but don't realize it :(
I could site a few examples of this here.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
ito said:
Well, say goodbye to Australia.....

The Ito
here we go :rolleyes:...

the difference is that nobody hates australia, unlike the states... sorry, but it s true... well very few anyway... and if they do hate us it s only because of our association with the US... our clown PM is no better than the cock who 'runs the show' in your counrty...

how stupid of me to think that money in the states would be better spent on education rather than a BS war...

your logic (for want of a better word) baffles me...

edit... ito - what do you want ?? education or war (freedom as you probabally see it)... obviously you can t have both (or an equal balance) with the current regime...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
LordOpie said:

I was kind of thinking the same thing...these people actually thought they were giving this guy viable answers...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
partsbara said:
here we go :rolleyes:...

the difference is that nobody hates australia, unlike the states... sorry, but it s true... well very few anyway... and if they do hate us it s only because of our association with the US... our clown PM is no better than the cock who 'runs the show' in your counrty...

how stupid of me to think that money in the states would be better spent on education rather than a BS war...

your logic (for want of a better word) baffles me...

edit... ito - what do you want ?? education or war (freedom as you probabally see it)... obviously you can t have both (or an equal balance) with the current regime...
Yes, me and my mates will show you:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/11/D8EEF3JO0.html

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sanjuro said:
So what was this movie about?

as i told ito (PM) i didn t even see the video... we re packing up and the computer speakers are packed and on the way - no sound so why bother right ??... may have been a case of crossed channels...

sorry... i ll go cook my dinner now... :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
It's hard to make a judgement call on the US education system based on this video. Ironic also that an Australian-sounding host would be heading this up...
Australia has a few "middle-east" issues to say the least.

but for what it's worth, I found it funny... and sad considering that most probably all of those people graduated from US highschools.

best lines:

"italy"

"sri lanka... i've never heard of that"

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
partsbara said:
as i told ito (PM) i didn t even see the video... we re packing up and the computer speakers are packed and on the way - no sound so why bother right ??... may have been a case of crossed channels...

Australia was labeled 'Iran', and no-one knew better.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
partsbara said:

Seriously, I don't care how schools are in other countries. The top students do well, but there is not enough done is for the poorer students here.

Probably true around the world though.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I'd be willing to bet if you showed most people in Europe or Asia a map with Australia labelled 'Iran', 99.9% would *probably* spot it...

Having said that I recognise that is a highly editted video segment, certainly none of the Americans I know in real life are that dumb by a long fvckin way. It's just amazing that they could find that many stupid people apparantly so easily.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
sanjuro said:
Seriously, I don't care how schools are in other countries. The top students do well, but there is not enough done is for the poorer students here.

Probably true around the world though.
for sure mang... agree 100%

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Changleen said:
certainly none of the Americans I know in real life are that dumb by a long fvckin way. It's just amazing that they could find that many stupid people apparantly so easily.
You ever seen MTV? The next generation are nothing but drooling idiots.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
BeerDemon said:
You ever seen MTV? The next generation are nothing but drooling idiots.
"Braaaahhh!! Dis is da sh*t! I got five on it!!"

Ugh...give me real hope as to who the next pres. will be. Hopefully he'll have informed people around him that point out that Australia isn't Iran.....Hate to see some good mtber's and terrain go up in a big nuclear cloud...:redhot:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Italy??? Are expensive cars and long vacations terroristic? What a moron...

As a geographer and an American I'm appalled. Buy a f**k'n map and use it people!

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Secret Squirrel said:
"Braaaahhh!! Dis is da sh*t! I got five on it!!"

Ugh...give me real hope as to who the next pres. will be. Hopefully he'll have informed people around him that point out that Australia isn't Iran.....Hate to see some good mtber's and terrain go up in a big nuclear cloud...:redhot:
Iran has excellent riding potential, take a look at a topo of Iran. The religious police frown on shredding though:rofl:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Zark said:
Iran has excellent riding potential, take a look at a topo of Iran. The religious police frown on shredding though:rofl:
Muhammad will get you for not earning it on the way up! Islam frowns on downhilling. :rofl:

Here's one from Zark's local playground...

My bike getting some hot luvin from Zark's bike (his bike is such a slut!)...

J

JRB

Zark said:
Funny - based on the pics I have seen it just looks like a decent, at best, litter box for mangy cats. :think:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
loco said:
Funny - based on the pics I have seen it just looks like a decent, at best, litter box for mangy cats. :think:
The same could be said for Texas:hot: :rofl:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ciaran said:
My bike getting some hot luvin from Zark's bike (his bike is such a slut!)...

At least they are using protection against STD's (shuttle transmitted distress):oink:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
At least the French know how to run their schools:

Students Invade Paris School in Protest

By JAMEY KEATEN, Associated Press Writer 47 minutes ago

Scores of students stormed one of Paris' most elite schools Monday, hurling stones and cinder blocks at riot police in the latest protest against a government plan to reduce France's sky-high unemployment rate among young adults.

About 200 high school and university students swarmed into the College de France to demand that Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin withdraw a measure that makes it easier for companies to fire workers under 26 during the first two years of employment.

Many students holed up inside, and others came back outside to face down officers on the street. Police used tear gas to try to disperse the chanting crowd.

The law, which takes effect next month, offers a measure of flexibility the government hopes will spur employers to hire young people, knowing they will be able to get rid of them if they have to. But critics say it would offer younger workers less job security than older colleagues and undermine France's generous labor protections.

Tanguy Arrigoni, a 20-year-old Sorbonne student, called the protesters who surged into the College de France a "fringe group" and said they were "not at all representative of the student movement."

"Those guys are really violent," he said. Police said one officer was lightly injured and there were no arrests.

The protests came a day after Villepin, hoping to defuse the biggest labor test of his nine-month tenure, appealed on television for support of the "first job contract."

Many students, unconvinced, pressed on with protests that already swelled last week. On Saturday, riot police raided the Sorbonne University to oust students who had staged a three-day sit-in.

The College de France is one of the country's top research and teaching institutions. About a mile away, 100 students briefly formed a human chain in an effort to march up the steps of the National Assembly before police calmly ordered them away.

Villepin, facing his toughest labor test yet since taking office last June, said France needs to catch up with reforms already enacted in neighboring countries and reduce youth unemployment rates now at 23 percent.

In some troubled suburbs — like those where a wave of rioting broke out last fall — the figure is as high as 50 percent, he has said.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
OMG...it's like the SMALL (20 country) map quiz that we had to take in my International Politics class...This entire row of people scored about 20%, and proceeded to whine about how difficult the test was for half the class. My New York Jew professor essentially told them they were idiots...classic.