Quantcast

AngelFire Chile Challenge

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
doing some Angelfire readiness today actually....dirtjump morning, road ride during lunch time (ish), DH (helmet cam) around 2 30 and now an XC ride to finish off the day...mmmm...one day, 5+ hours of riding...mmmm (yes, I have 4 bikes and will ride them all today)

Angelfire, if the course stays similar, makes my hands feel like I was holding onto a jackhammer for 17 hours streight...yeah, it hurts.

Meanwhile all you Seniors out there are GRADUATING today...hahaha, have fun sitting in the hot sun and socializing with all your friends...wait, highschool graduation means...high school parties with high school GIRLS...mmmm...high school girls....
:drool: :drool: :drool:

MTBkid

Chimp
Mar 2, 2004
Colorado Springs
angelfire would be a bit painful on a HT but you could do it.
I only base this on the course they had last year. they are supposed to redesign the course this year but the way things usually go it may not happen. This also depends on what class you would be racing because expert and and up has to do a pretty sick rock garden. So props to anyone who races it on a HT.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by MTBkid
I only base this on the course they had last year. they are supposed to redesign the course this year but the way things usually go it may not happen. This also depends on what class you would be racing because expert and and up has to do a pretty sick rock garden. So props to anyone who races it on a HT.
Keaton what class are you racing in? I hope its not JuniorSport. I think that's what I'm going to do. But if you, Joey, David and Mike do that I think I'll just do JuniorBeginner haha.:p We need to go riding this week, how about thursday? Wed. is my last day.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado

I'll be racing on my ghetto-rigged dh bike, I was just asking for a friend who I'm trying to convince to go. I hope he doesn't see that. thanks for the help.

What are y'all gona be riding? I'll either be on this(see below, eh?), or a gun metal grey transition dirtbag with all the same parts, and an mrp, so if you see me down there say hi or somethin'.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
...they are supposed to redesign the course this year but the way things usually go it may not happen...
Unfortunately, this is the case for Chile Challenge this year... both the 4X and the DH courses will be very much the same as last year, with new/changed features instead of complete re-design.

I'm bummed that there won't be new courses, but let's face it... the courses from last year pretty much kicked @ss and took names so it's ain't that bad, right?

Also, it should be noted that Chile Challenge will see the RETURN of qualifying runs for 4X!

Edit: Go here for info, sucka!

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Yeah, Ill be down there most likely - first race ever. Kinda scary actually. Riding a stealth black IH SGS Expert (which im gonna ride Sport on.... ironic)
Im not exactly sure what class to ride in - what class are you other first timers racing in?

Tom, you riding with the Y-Riders, or what?

Oh, and if anyone from boulder is still looking for a ride i have a couple seats open.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by Chutney
Tom, you riding with the Y-Riders, or what?

Oh, and if anyone from boulder is still looking for a ride i have a couple seats open.
I don't really know what I'm doing this season. Probably a little riding with them but mostly just doing my own stuff. Just 'cause of how my schedule is this summer (lots of work). You oughta come out and dig some BIG jumps on thursday, out at that short track course. I think I'm racing on friday (aka probably finish one lap while pushing up the jumps for a while).

check you pm's, eh?

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
Originally posted by T0mo
I'll be racing on my ghetto-rigged dh bike, I was just asking for a friend who I'm trying to convince to go. I hope he doesn't see that. thanks for the help.

What are y'all gona be riding? I'll either be on this(see below, eh?), or a gun metal grey transition dirtbag with all the same parts, and an mrp, so if you see me down there say hi or somethin'.
woah, you got a new fork. what is it?

what happened to that risse you were rocking this winter?

Jon

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
the forks's a manipoo xvert carbon. I've been wanting one of these for years, so when I found this one w/ the wheel for $300, I sold the risse and picked up this thing, it's great.

big boy

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
boulder CO.
I really want to go to Angle Fire, but my work starts monday and all the rides I have will be getting back then. Tom, let me know if I can have a ride with you? :confused:

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
sorry stroodle meyster(what the f*** is up with your sig.?), I'm headin' down with the Y it looks like. Theres no ne else going down thats comming back sunday?