Quantcast

Any given Sunday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Race day. She was working so hard yesterday that her neck gave out and head started flopping in the high-G turns. Not gonna lie, it's funny to watch. Pulled them in and got lunch, then she pulled her fastest session of the day. She's dropped almost 3sec/lap today :53 > 50.03 and was in the :54sec range last month. One of the team kids hit her when she spun yesterday and did ~$1k of damage to his brand new kart. Hadn't even finished a day with it and bent the frame, steering column, two tie rods, king pin, and rotor. Hers looks to be okay.

The kids she's racing today at FAST because a lot are here for next weekend's national race. There's a good chance that she's going to get blown out of the water, but she knows that she's racing top national kids. She's looking to being on the lead lap and not getting last as a good finish. She's a full second off their pace, but still running .5sec faster than local pace. Those kids are nuts.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
With a tummy full of rolled oats, deciding if riding outdoors is going to be worth it - salty and dirty roads still. If I do not, I'll just tune the bike on the trainer. Maybe calculate the smaller wheel size to impress Strava stat' followers... #ridingdirty

:wave:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

A little trim carpentry and maybe wrenching on the hardtail in my near future. Gonna try to ride tomorrow morning. Which reminds me, I could really, really use some new tires for the 26" bike. Hmm. :think:

Creamy Tuscan sausage and white bean soup with a fresh loaf of Italian herb bread last night was *chef's kiss*.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Zydeco Brunch this morning for the start of the wife's birthday week. She hits the big 5 0 on Thursday, so it's kinda of a big deal. We have talked about learning to dance and kind of took one lesson, but that was a few years ago. So I figured this sounded fun and they also offer lessons during the week, so if we dig it then it gives us something to do. Then this year we might not look as awkward at the Zydeco stage at Blues Fest. But I doubt it. :rofl:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so nice to sleep in yet still enjoy my espresso in peace due to the wife being still asleep at 0800

no rain until this afternoon so I'm going to do some yard work and get the camper ready for Ruth to head off to a riding clinic in Sonoma. Maybe get in a road ride

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Lord's Day, fellow kids. I ran 18.42 miles with some effort this morning. 19 degrees and the wind was ripping at a steady 20-30 mph, which was bothersome. 7:12 pace...good run. Wife bought me a ticket to go night skiing today, so it looks like I am doing that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all

picking up eldest kid’s AT setup at Powder7 now. She’s got a string ensemble concert this afternoon, too

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, the beach house is awesome, but now we have to sit in beach traffic back to San José (which is like coming back to Boston from the Cape or whatever).
Woe is me, I guess!
Fucking hot down here, it was over 36 Celsius yesterday. Luckily San José is always prettt nice.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Qualified 6th, up to 5th in the heat. All of the kids ahead are national series kids at this point and she is only .5 off the lead pack and competitively part of the second pack (bumper contact). She is realistically in competition for 4th. She dropped another .75 sec this session alone. She will probably get into :49 during the final. She started Friday at :53, left last month at :54. Next season should be fun - because she should come out as a team kid, hopefully competitive.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@stoney would you please install cameras inside the car when Haley takes her drivers license exam in a few years ? I am 100% certain that the video will be way better than any of the prank ones on YouTube where the driver is a pro drifter. Would love to see the reaction of the DMV employee.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Qualified 6th, up to 5th in the heat. All of the kids ahead are national series kids at this point and she is only .5 off the lead pack and competitively part of the second pack (bumper contact). She is realistically in competition for 4th. She dropped another .75 sec this session alone. She will probably get into :49 during the final. She started Friday at :53, left last month at :54. Next season should be fun - because she should come out as a team kid, hopefully competitive.
I have to say, this is really cool to follow. She sounds really determined, and will be a force to be reckoned with as an adult!