Quantcast

Anyone down to start early AM (not so fun) fun runs?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I did this loop this morning at 7am on my DH bike.

It ends with a killer 5-6 min long dh trail, but makes you wish you were dead for the first hour getting there... Anyone else down to join me in the misery?

Last edited:

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
next week on t/th im going to be getting there about 7-730 and riding till prob noon or so. dont have class on t/th until 2 pm now so i can get decent riding in those days

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm hoping I have the 19th off for MLK day. I might ride that morning if that's the case.

As for this weekend, I'm out on Saturday. But I can ride on Sunday.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Any interest in also doing road intervals? I'ma gonna have to sell my mtb soon. :(
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Scott, hmm... I am doing Monday-Wednesday-Friday rides because of work! Damn all.

Mike, I can't make it out this weekend. Brewing beer on Saturday (I think) and doesn't look like I get MLK day off. My work sucks.

I did the ride again this am. 3 Minutes faster. Go me.

It was a little sloppy out because of all the mist and fog yesterday. Friday's ride should be perfect.

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Dude! Sell the road bike instead... or take up prostitution or something. Once you're paying tuition, the university will take care of the medical bills for STDs :D

You guys are killing me with all these early morning rides. I've finally got a decent set of lights.... night rides anyone??

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
As of this weekend I think I'm going to begin some self-punishment sessions and start taking the hard tail out to SC. need to work on my smooveness..

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Dude! Sell the road bike instead... or take up prostitution or something. Once you're paying tuition, the university will take care of the medical bills for STDs :D

You guys are killing me with all these early morning rides. I've finally got a decent set of lights.... night rides anyone??
They told me the clap was a preexisting condition and they wouldn't cover the necessary boil lancing. :(

That and my road bike is my transportation. And at times, sanity.

I'll probably build a smaller cheap bike - maybe hardtail - when I find a job. The VP-Free is definitely a bit much for local stuff, even with the shorter shock on it.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
They told me the clap was a preexisting condition and they wouldn't cover the necessary boil lancing. :(

That and my road bike is my transportation. And at times, sanity.

I'll probably build a smaller cheap bike - maybe hardtail - when I find a job. The VP-Free is definitely a bit much for local stuff, even with the shorter shock on it.
Eww.

Keep that.

Keep the free too. Just sell the fork for a single crown and put a dual ring on it. =]

Ringer

Monkey
Mar 4, 2008
As of this weekend I think I'm going to begin some self-punishment sessions and start taking the hard tail out to SC. need to work on my smooveness..
i need to finish building mt HT so i can do this as well. def need to work on smoothness...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Ah thats right. Sorry about the confusion. heh still too much bike?
I wouldn't call it too much, but you can definitely get by on far less in SC. I'm thinking something slopestyley...I'll probably end up with a burly hardtail or maybe brown santa will drop a prototype Koenig off at my door...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'll be out there early. Probably around 8-9am. Hiking up that trail with the falling apart bridge... gonna' get my rake on. Then hike back down something else.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm game to come help. The trail that's not dead campers? I rode it yesterday, the lower half is super rutty.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, there's a whole mess of trails, yes. But there's one trail I've been working on cleaning up just to have a fast flowy trail that isn't one of the normal ones.

I think I'll be out at the bottom of the smaller lot (Josh knows which one this is) around 8:45.

-Mike

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Just finished my ride... A did it much faster today. It looks like the odometer had a little glitch (or were wrong before). But close enough.

Just over 58 min. Booyeah!

Less stops for less time.

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike. Fix Small Bike.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Acadian,

Saw your ride at the Ucon lot this morning. I was blown away I was out there before you!

Did the ride in 54 minutes today. Made it all the way up Ucon only stopping 2 times on my big bike. I am so proud of myself!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Acadian,

Saw your ride at the Ucon lot this morning. I was blown away I was out there before you!

Did the ride in 54 minutes today. Made it all the way up Ucon only stopping 2 times on my big bike. I am so proud of myself!
it was a last minute decision - so I got a late start. it's also pretty hard to guesstimate sunrise.

in addition, I had to get some preventive work done in case I didn't make it back to work on time.

Even Andy (guy with the pickup truck that was in the lot) was like - dude, you're late today!! :D

just did a short ride on the HT...hit S, then E and finished off on C (people familiar with these hiking trails will know what I'm talking about ;) )

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
it was a last minute decision - so I got a late start. it's also pretty hard to guesstimate sunrise.

in addition, I had to get some preventive work done in case I didn't make it back to work on time.

Even Andy (guy with the pickup truck that was in the lot) was like - dude, you're late today!! :D

just did a short ride on the HT...hit S, then E and finished off on C (people familiar with these hiking trails will know what I'm talking about ;) )
Uh huh... LAZY. =P

The sun starts to come up right about 7am. Usually a few turns before the bench at the top of Ucon.

I only stopped at the end of the fire road climb before the single track and at the bench. I was pretty pumped to kill it so much today.

Ah, S, E, and C. Good combo. C is a lot of fun right now. Has work been done on E? I haven't been over there for a month and the last time I hit it, it was pretty damn beat.

Ucon to A is SO choice. Ah man. A is such good training for me. I really need to work on my cornering and that trail has a bunch of flat/off camber corners. Also plenty of gnar to work on too. Perfect training run for me. Cardio for the first 3/4 and tech dh the last 1/4.

Last edited:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Uh huh... LAZY. =P

The sun starts to come up right about 7am. Usually a few turns before the bench at the top of Ucon.

I only stopped at the end of the fire road climb before the single track and at the bench. I was pretty pumped to kill it so much today.

Ah, S, E, and C. Good combo. C is a lot of fun right now. Has work been done on E? I haven't been over there for a month and the last time I hit it, it was pretty damn beat.

Ucon to A is SO choice. Ah man. A is such good training for me. I really need to work on my cornering and that trail has a bunch of flat/off camber corners. Also plenty of gnar to work on too. Perfect training run for me. Cardio for the first 3/4 and tech dh the last 1/4.
they fixed the weird humps/holes - now it's a nice pump/boot which is pretty cool. C is fun, but gnarly on a hard tail...never thought I'd be able to dent my 819's as if they were DT 5.1's..

you know..I'm not even sure I've ever done A - is that off SnT?

speaking of cornering...that's why I like the top of E...nice thigh corners. I also like lower L :biggrin:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
lol

That lightened my day up quite a bit. Thank you M. I have been dealing with SO many idiots at work today. I needed that. Vista/AOL users. Shoot me in the F.

Well, maybe next am ride you can join me man. I can show you the trail. It runs on the side of SnT and boots you out on on DC side at the last part of C. Its totally my new favorite trail. Thats good that someone did some work out there. It was BEAT. Thats gnarly about the rims, but I cant imagine riding it on a hard tail. I'm WAY to spoiled with full suspension to ride without it now.