Quantcast

Anyone down to start early AM (not so fun) fun runs?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nah shes been back at 'home' for a while. There is a video of her being interviewed at a place in town. Thankfully, I guess she wasn't injured too badly and should be able to ride in a couple months. The Atherton clan is staying and training in Santa Cruz and have been here for a while I guess.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Nah shes been back at 'home' for a while. There is a video of her being interviewed at a place in town. Thankfully, I guess she wasn't injured too badly and should be able to ride in a couple months. The Atherton clan is staying and training in Santa Cruz and have been here for a while I guess.
I've noticed a lot of pro DH teams are here during the winter...makes sense, I guess. I'm curious how their sponsors etc. feel about them riding trails that don't exist? ;)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Ian said the Athertons were riding a few weeks ago in the normal Santa Cruz place... and one of them got two flats with no tubes. The Big-Red-Evil-S guys pulled up on their Big-Red-Evil-S bikes, offered them some tubes, and made sure to say, "Compliments of Specialized". Haha...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice.

Rain rain go away. Its supposed to be raining for a week starting tomorrow. Damn. Looks like some more gym time and less saddle time this week.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
We need the rain. I'm all for it.

3 loops on Saturday. Loop and a half on Sunday. Double looper on Monday. Double looper last night.

My legs needs a few days off. That's for sure. And the trails are getting blown out something fierce right now. We need a week's worth of rain.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I've been running a lot in the past week and am realizing just how much it destroys your legs. I could barely make it up Empire yesterday on my road bike, not for lack of cardio, but my legs felt like they had reached maximum lactic acid capacity at the bottom of campus...

Yay protein recovery shakes!

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hmm, I dont think I can make it out to build =\

Might have a buyer for my car finally tomorrow. Well see. They are coming from Marin to check it out. I also found a MK2 GTI with a VR6 swap in it. ooooh man... if I could score that I would be so happy =]

Also, I swear I'm not stalking the Athertons, but I saw Dan last night at the gym when I went to swim and work out a bit. He was wearing a full leg/arm spandex get up with shorts and a t-shirt over it. He was doing the leg press.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha I didn't ride because of the rain today, but I haven't seen any yet. I am going to take this week off or riding so I don't mess up the fire roads. =P

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Hmm, I dont think I can make it out to build =\

Might have a buyer for my car finally tomorrow. Well see. They are coming from Marin to check it out. I also found a MK2 GTI with a VR6 swap in it. ooooh man... if I could score that I would be so happy =]

Also, I swear I'm not stalking the Athertons, but I saw Dan last night at the gym when I went to swim and work out a bit. He was wearing a full leg/arm spandex get up with shorts and a t-shirt over it. He was doing the leg press.
VR6 swap Mk2? Do you really not want to have a car 90% of the time? ;)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
The car is a total lagit build, reliable, refereed, and smogged. Corrado brake swap, etc.

Mike, I have. I have owned Corrados. You have no idea how much vw/audi ownership can suck.

Brian, ha yes. I can always ride my bike to work =]

Last edited: