Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of american democracy?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry colorado.

Maybe you'll get lucky and we'll invade "discover" you.

New Mexico is the real tragedy. They don't have the close to 50/50 sanity/gun bullshit that colorado does. NM is pretty solidly blue.

All those scientists and brown people

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sorry colorado.

Maybe you'll get lucky and we'll invade "discover" you.

New Mexico is the real tragedy. They don't have the close to 50/50 sanity/gun bullshit that colorado does. NM is pretty solidly blue.
Mexico might absorb them. Large spanish speaking population and hispanic and native american population.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You don't live in the mountains. No healthcare for you!

I think at least at this point in time mexican fascists are actually scarier than american fascists.

......for now
They're like 7 miles away.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Speaking of voter suppression.
He's an enroll to vote advert from NZ (on the government owned radio network RNZ no less)

For context the NZ Government elections organization have for a couple of decades have used this "Orange man" in all their electoral promotions to get people to enroll & vote.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Speaking of voter suppression.
He's an enroll to vote advert from NZ (on the government owned radio network RNZ no less)

For context the NZ Government elections organization have for a couple of decades have used this "Orange man" in all their electoral promotions to get people to enroll & vote.
It's utterly perpexing to me how many hindrances there are to voting in the US. Over here I get a notification in the mail as a reminder, go to the polling station and show my ID - that's it. All you need is a place of residence. The homeless need to go the extra mile and register a few weeks beforehand, but that's not a huge obstacle imo.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It's utterly perpexing to me how many hindrances there are to voting in the US. Over here I get a notification in the mail as a reminder, go to the polling station and show my ID - that's it. All you need is a place of residence. The homeless need to go the extra mile and register a few weeks beforehand, but that's not a huge obstacle imo.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.