Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
http://theweek.com/articles/616407/gop-big-problem-millions-voters-are-civically-incompetent-mob

I find that coming to this conclusion from Trump support is ignorant of the reality behind support for Trump, Cruz, Graham, Turtle Face...
Democracy lets the people decide who rules, but there is no guarantee that they won't occasionally use the power to make catastrophically bad decisions.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.
-H. L. Mencken

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
more from the purported purveyors of moral turpitude

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/prosecutors-urge-prison-sentence-dennis-hastert-n553331

Justice Department prosecutors said Friday that former House speaker Dennis Hastert abused four young boys when he was their wrestling coach, and urged that he be ordered to serve up to six months in prison when he's sentenced later this month.

While Hastert has pleaded guilty to a financial violation, prosecutors said, "the actions at the core of this case took place not on the defendant's national public stage but in his private one-on-one encounters in an empty locker room and a motel room with minors that violated the special trust between those young boys and their coach."

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
While Hastert has pleaded guilty to a financial violation, prosecutors said, "the actions at the core of this case took place not on the defendant's national public stage but in his private one-on-one encounters in an empty locker room and a motel room with minors that violated the special trust between those young boys and their coach."
Jerry Sandusky says "Hi!"

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
NC seems to be doubling down on the stupidity. I foresee this backfiring for them:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/09/politics/north-carolina-hb2-justice-department-deadline/index.html

The Feds threatened to withold education funds. To a NC Republican, this is a hollow threat since they do not value education. Previous senator Helms voted down every education funding bill that came to him. Mcrory has the same mindset. He goes out of his way to screw teachers and at the same time calls it a raise in pay.

If the Feds really want to get their attention they should threaten to tax churches. Seriously.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
How bout we just all use whatever the fuck bathroom we want and no one look at each other's junk

BTW I saw a woman in the men's restroom the other day in the Montreal airport. She was washing up at the sink and after I walked up from the urinal she realized where she was and noped the fuck out of there super embarrassed. We both survived the incident.

I don't understand why bathrooms are suddenly so dangerous. Especially in a woman's room (which is what people are seemingly worried about) everyone gets their own space. The trough at the Oakland Coliseum is the only place where anyone ever has a chance to see my junk and you have to have the same equipment as me to even use it.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Interesting solution to the bathroom problem

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2016/05/25/24124386/how-do-you-solve-the-problem-of-gendered-bathrooms-this-capitol-hill-brewery-has-an-answer

Woo, I'm pretty sure cooties come from girls and I've done some things with some girls sooo...
I've guaranteed got the cooties by now
Gay Gilmore
#nottheonion

Semi-related: There is a lovely, grandma type lady in corporate QA whose god given name is Gay Bastian. One of my favorite things on earth is watching new people squirm, trying to figure out if they've heard correctly when she introduces herself.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Being a guy advantage: whipping it out anywhere to pee.

Disadvantage: standing in a puddle of urine to use a urinal.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
:rofl:

"Now, again, this show is an opinion show. That's what we do. We tell you the news, and then we give you our opinion on the news," Beck said. "That's not what Matt Drudge is. Matt Drudge is a website that links to the news. But his news -- his news sources have become Breitbart, who, Breitbart is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Drumpf industries."
His time slot on SiriusXM was filled on Tuesday by David Webb, a contributor to Fox News and Breitbart.
HOLY FUCKBALLS CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!
:tinfoil:

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
WTF. Why is it all the jackasses who never once even considered serving a minute in the military like to call themselves "patriots". Makes me ill.
All the biggest, government is bad, chest thumping, patriot, war-hawk types I know have never served. Several of them have government jobs. I do not believe they are aware of the dichotomy. Or aware of much of anything.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's because they are makers in their minds, not takers. Government aid to the worthy (i.e. people like them or who look like them) is American and Right.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
All the biggest, government is bad, chest thumping, patriot, war-hawk types I know have never served. Several of them have government jobs. I do not believe they are aware of the dichotomy. Or aware of much of anything.
I know a DOD analyst like this. To top it off he complains about having to be too politically correct at work so as not to offend his sissy co-workers who have PTSD from actually serving. He owns a bunch of guns so he knows exactly what combat is like and is no big deal.