Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's a super long, disjoint, rambling piece for a "communications manager".

CN: tl;dr

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Trump is the James Joyce of Politics. I would get banned pretty quickly if I posted in here. I just lurk away. Watching you, carefully....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Trump is the James Joyce of Politics. I would get banned pretty quickly if I posted in here. I just lurk away. Watching you, carefully....
Please, if Joyce was a politician he'd be Sarah Palin, using Cormac McCarthy's punctuation. Drumpf is Ayn Rand, but with even creepier, Sadomasochistic sex scenes.

And you'd be a welcome voice here I'm sure.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If ever there was an article that "personified" this thead, I think this is it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/opinion/campaign-stops/who-are-the-angriest-republicans.html?ref=opinion

A conservative writing about Trump supporters (angry white people)

"The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs."

and

"The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin. What they need isn’t analgesics, literal or political. They need real opportunity, which means that they need real change, which means that they need U-Haul."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin. What they need isn’t analgesics, literal or political. They need real opportunity, which means that they need real change, which means that they need U-Haul."
what they need, is bootstraps?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If ever there was an article that "personified" this thead, I think this is it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/opinion/campaign-stops/who-are-the-angriest-republicans.html?ref=opinion

A conservative writing about Trump supporters (angry white people)

"The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs."

and

all i'm picturing right now is the angry rednecks from south park.