Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fucking LOL'd:

"George W. Bush is giving a pre-recorded speech before this NFL game and I'm like, holy shit, thanks to Trump I feel like I'm watching Sir Peter Ustinov do monologues from Quo Vadis."

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I'm with them on their general point, but they keep bringing up this stupid 9-11 bill. The bill just proves how worthless all of our politicians are. The senate voted for it 97 to 1 and the house voted for it 348 to 77.

These ass holes don't read this shit before voting. They spend their time campaigning and fundraising. Actually doing their job and governing is low on the priority list.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Congrats, you've earned it

What Trump actually did was ensure that hard-core conservatives stay with him until the end of his political journey, when Republicans begin the search for survivors and examine the charred black box. Trump’s performance was perfectly tuned to make a loyal Rush Limbaugh listener burst out in “Hell, yeah!” Put Juanita Broaddrick in the audience? Threaten to jail your opponent? Throw WikiLeaks in her face? Blame her for the death of Capt. Humayun Khan in Iraq? Dismiss all the fuss about sexual predation as locker-room talk? Hell, yeah!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
At this point, if he did step down, and they put someone like Kasich in there, it would be damn near a guaranteed win IMO. With everything they've whipped up about Hillary and the general state of things, this would be a sure shot. It won't happen, because Trump is Trump...but it's interesting to speculate.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
@Jm_ Early voting has already started in some states. The GOP is going to have to ride this one out. No chance of them getting another candidate on the ballot. The horses have left the gate.
Check the ballots to see if they are writing in "Giant Douche"

Ordered my absentee yesterday.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The one silver lining to this awful election is watching Trump ratfuck the GOP into oblivion. People like Kristol could not deserve this any more.
Sadly, even with the best case scenario he will win a significant portion of the popular vote. He is a virus, but not like a cold. This election is a giant festering Republican herpes sore that will cause pain for this country for decades. Trump has given a loud voice to a group of knuckle draggers that will not be going away anytime soon. The throbbing and itching will continue. Clinton has been the weakest Democratic candidate since Mondale yet the Republican implosion is so great that they could possibly lose not just the presidency but also their stranglehold on the senate.

This implosion and empowerment of ignorant radicals is likely to cause political ripples of instabilities for decades. Expect to see even more radical ideals from gerrymandered republican districts and local governments. Not the tea party style no tax stuff, but the hate mongering racist shit. The one shining light is that extremist laws generally end up with opposing supreme court decisions.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
hopefully, if this holds any water, soon after trump loses not only will his brand be in shambles, but he'll be the one in jail: http://www.snopes.com/2016/06/23/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit/
As heinous as that accusation is, it will do his brand no damage. As many supporters as he has courted during the election, he will have just as many who want to do business with him.

It's sort of like the dung beetle, in what we find repulsive, it finds sustenance.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trump TV

Think of it as an unreality show, airing inside an actual reality show, which is airing under the guise of an actual presidential campaign. It’s like one of those Russian nesting dolls, which in Donald Trump’s case may be an especially apt metaphor.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
gin and tacos is killing it:

"Pardon me for having a hard time believing that the people who hate walking to the point that they wait several minutes to park their Suburban in a spot 15 feet closer to the door of Golden Corral are going to revolt."