Quantcast

Attention: Sand Hill Riders/racers

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Hello Everyone,
This post is to inform everybody who either races or rides at Sand Hill that I am working with Phil and Renee to get a work weekend set up to either rebuild/redesign and or repair the slalom course. As you all know it needs work, and hopefully we can get it dialed before the spring series that they hold before Sea Otter. Phil is pretty open to new designs to the slalom track and I think we all have had some good ideas to spice up the design. I am trying to get a two day (Sat & Sun) session, we could build on Saturday and shape and ride on Sunday. I know personally I would like to see the first berm and straight reworked and some lips added back to the jumps throughout. If you have suggestions and want to be involved send me a PM and or call 831-915-6949, also reply with suggestions to this post. We just have to wait for a calm weekend without rain.
Thanks for any and all interest.
Chris Weaver

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
No, we dont have to change the course, but a few additions and modifications would be nice for the design and to give the course a bit more sustainability throughout the season of use. I personally would like to change the first straight step-up into a camelback tripple, the second jump to a double and have the third a double into the second berm. I would also like to rebuild the second berms into larger "Sea Otter" like high walled berms so you could carry all the first straight speed into them. This is why I want to get a bunch of guys input on the course and we can present the info to Phil and come to some sort of comprimise so most everyone is happy. Please keep the suggestions coming.
Weaver

BSX4ever22

Chimp
Jun 4, 2004
clayton, CA
I'm down to come out and help, i agree on redesigning the first straight. it needs something to make it more exciting. also, the whoop section coming out of the second burm really needs to be rebuilt, they're pretty warn down

-Ryan

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
id love to help, and depending on when this all goes down, i may be able to. can i suggest a few rollers rout out of the gate before the first corner?

curtis

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Curtis,
I was thinking of moving the start gate back maybe 10-15 feet and redesigning the first berms to be more like the second turn, except a little downhill with a high wall. A couple of rollers would be great.

Weaver

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I'm down...when is this gonna happen weaver? Soon hopefully, the weather appears to be breaking, but who knows for how long. I just need a couple of days notice so I can rearrange the schedule and get some folks to come with. I'll try to get ahold of the newly married George Stephenson III to help too. H

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Yeah, him and Melody tied the knot Oct.29th last year, Halloween honeymoon in the city by the bay. George was rockin' the white tux with baby blue ruffles and bowtie...it was classic. How you doin' mister pro racer college grad guy? Who you raceing with this year? Any developements?

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
im doing the same deal as last year pretty much. i havent graduated yet. i dont graduate until this june. i cant wait though. i was thinking about grad school for a little while. a masters is only one more year. but i think i want to work first.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
I am going to send a follow up e-mail to Phil and Renee today to try and arrange a good weekend. I will post when we get something set up. Thanks for all the interest. Also, any more suggestions for a course change???
Weaver

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
- make a longer straightaway out of the gate and add a jump.
- need to work on that 2nd straightaway after the first right hand berm. I think that could be better.
- need to fix the triple (six pack) after the 2dn corner.
- fix the double-double.

Other than just maintain the course...

also I will no be here the weeknd of the 28th - other weekends I'm good.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Hey Everybody,
Just got an e-mail from Renee, and looks like were going to try for the weekend of the 21st (still tenative until confimation). The weekend of the 28th is the SF Supercross and I am sure some of you will be attending. I will get confimation from them either tonight or tomorrow.

Acadian,
I was thinking the same thing, longer straight to the first turn with possibly a jump into a slight downhill first turn, more Sea Otter type berms , leave the first turn and make the first jump a big camelback table, then a double then a double down into bigger more bowl like berms. Then just fix the six-pack, possibly rebuild the toilet bowl with DIRT and jus general repair down the course.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
All the suggestions are good. I think bigger berms all the way down would be good. I also think a removal/modification of those 2 bumps near the bottom would be good.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Okay Everybody,
We are set. Next weekend the 21st and the 22nd is a go. Just talked with Renee this morning and all is good. Plan to meet at 9:00 on Saturday with Phil and Renee to go over the modifications we will be doing and to have Phil drop the dirt at specifed places. You are welcome to camp at the track overnight if you wish, just bring what you need ie; food, tent, drinks, and anything else you want. Please bring your shovels, rakes and a change of shoes...it probably will be a bit muddy. The only thing that may kill the deal is the rain. If it does rain hard we will have to postpone. I will post an update on Friday the 20th to confirm. Pass the word, I am hoping we get at least 15 guys/gals, hopefully more.
Thanks,
Chris
PS Feel free to cal me for info. 831-915-6949

What time does the digging begin?

Should we bring our own implements of destruction or will the dirt moving tools be available for us to use?

Start time?
Beer Time? well...heck I better just call that quiten time, cause Beer Time on dirt worken day is anytime after I roll out of bed!

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Sorry,
Forgot to mention some specifics:
Please bring tools, ie; Shovels, Flat and Round, Picks, Rakes, Ect.
We will meet with Phil and Renee on Saturday morning at 9:00 and go over suggestions and ideas. I have a few sketches that I might be able to scan to submit for your veiwing pleasure.
We will be camping at the site on Saturday night, so bring what you need in the way of food, BBQ's, refreshments ect. I figure we will start tearing into the trackat about 10:00-10:30 saturday morning, the more people we have the better chance we can get done with the rough building by Saturday evening, and on Sunday we can begin to shape things up and possibly ride the newly modified course.
Thanks,
Chris
831-915-6949

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
It's about time you spoke up Chris, Glad to hear that you will be there to help.
Weaver.
Hey, can you get a hold of some locals to help, like Mark, Shawn, Jogger, and the other regulars that may not have seen this post?

kellybike

Chimp
Mar 12, 2005
NorCal
Cool cool,
The more people the better.
I will be there both days for sure, barring any rain. I have the usual spade and flat shovels, but I don't have any rakes, And if anyone has one of those Packer/tamper things, bring that. They are worth their weight in titanium.
I am not too sure about camping though. I may just make the drive to Sac each day or I may stay over....depends on how the beer flows Saturday.

Kelly

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Not quite sure what your post means, Rich?

The build is on for Tomorrow and Sunday. The tractor is fired up and dumping dirt as we speak. If any of you enjoy riding and racing at Sand Hill and would like to contribute your time into making it an even better place to ride, Please come and help. I would really like to have at LEAST 15 people there on Saturday to help with the major reshaping and design work. Sunday is going to be for shaping and refining the course. Thank you in advance to all who plan on coming out to help.
Chris

East Bay Rich

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
WC CA
I originally said "yes", however, I have to change to "maybe" for Sunday. Fortunately, no one is depending on me for a ride. The ones that usually do are driving themselves. (bighit8989, codsters, pinkster, +their friends)

msdhw.com thread

-Rich

kellybike

Chimp
Mar 12, 2005
NorCal
Hey Weave,
I can't find one of those packer things anywhere. I 'll look again tomorrow on the way down at the HomeDepot in Stockton and if not there in the OSH in Brentwood. I think that it is over near Pee Wee Muldoons.
Let me know of anything else

Kelly