Quantcast

Attention: Sand Hill Riders/racers

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Wow, I am really disappointd in Phil. He has people who are present, sacrificing their time to help rebuild HIS livelyhood and he would rather ride his motorcycle all day than help us with the tractor or anything. Wack-a-doo. Indication that his business isn't too important to him. No wonder they don't do very well. I was really bummed.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Phil wasnt riding his moto all day..he was refacing the moto track and regulating practice, which is his job on sundays. things need to get built on saturdays when the tractor isnt tied up all day.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
oh btw..those who said they would come out and never showed are banned until the next build day..then u must come bikeless to redeem yourself.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
1soulrider said:
The moto park is where the money is, you can't blame Phil for taking care of business over there first.
ditto...

and Mike - some of us have jobs that sometimes require them to work on weekends :dead: just to they can at least have time to ride during the summer...

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Ok,
Heath, you can't be mad at Phil about Sunday. Just like Mikey said, Phil's job is controlling practice, and taking care of the track with his Dad. The bike park is more of a hobby of Phil's compared to the moto stuff.
On the other hand, I was pretty dissapointed in the turn out. I think there is a lot of us who really enjoy riding Sand Hill, and all but a few showed up to help. In all honesty I would have enjoyed being with my wife and daughter, instead of dealing with the mud and dirt all weekend. I just felt it was the least I could do to help some folks who make a small amount of money to provide us with a great resource to train and have some fun. Most people would have closed such an operation down after a liability lawsuit, but Phil, Renee, and Tom (Phil's dad) have decided to stay open.
To cover what was accomplished this weekend here you go: The second berms were built up and moved farther back, the six pack rythym section was rebuilt to the original size, the toilet bowl was completely rebuilt and reshaped. Not a bad weekend for Five to seven guys, with only hand tools. Heres what still needs to be finished: The start hill ramp will be moved farther back, the first tun will be dozed and moved left, and new downhill bowl berms will be built. The first straight jump will be rebuilt, new jumps will be added. That is all the big stuff. The small things that will also be completed will be refacing and shaping of some worn out berms, and new finish line step up, step down.
I think we have two more windows of opportunity to build, Feburary 18th Saturday, and March 4th after the Mountin Cross Event. These are both Saturdays and days we will have access to the tractor and Phil's help.
PLEASE mark these days on you calender and try to make it out. It's just like voting, if you don't help, you can not bitch! If we complete the build, we will have an awesome track to compete on and to prepare for Sea Otter.
Weaver.
PS. Thank you to all who attended, Chris Q, Mikey H, Kelly S, Joe J, Heath S, Dave, and his buddy, and the help of the folks who came to ride on Saturday and decided to help instead.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Sorry for the misunderstanding. You could have told me that when I brought it up a million times on Sunday.:mumble: Anyways, it was great to see all you guys. Maybe we can make it down for the other dates. Keep me posted, H

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
i hear phil has started with the tractor work and plowed the first straight for us...i think i may head out tommorow afternoon to check on things and maybe do some digging. anyone wants to come/needs a ride from the area should call me tonite. ill be up til the weeee hours anyway 925-890-4146