Quantcast

automated full service car wash riped my roof rack off my car!! ahh

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
well this was fun, but now im off to ride at DV. it should be fun to read the responses when i get back. peace.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Ok, first... I agree with both sides. There are always signs that say "We are not responsible for aftermarket ****", but the other side to the argument is, "The sign is not visable". He could sue and he could win, but he will still have to pay a ****load of money.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Ok, first... I agree with both sides. There are always signs that say "We are not responsible for aftermarket ****", but the other side to the argument is, "The sign is not visable". He could sue and he could win, but he will still have to pay a ****load of money.
Frankly, it doesn't matter if the sign is huge and in plain sight.

If an employee is manning the entrance and has you leave your car with him, then whatever the sign says is irrelevant. You have every right to get your car back in the same (but cleaner) condition.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
WTF is wrong with some of you people? How is it his stupidity?

My opinion is, if they accept my car, they take full responsibility to return it to me in like condition. A "sign" makes no difference as each car is different and needst to be considered.

And a "sign" doesn't waive them of responsibility.

I could put a sign on me that says "Superman", doesn't mean I am.

Weirdest argument ever. A warning sign makes no difference? If a sign says dangerous undertow do you let your kids go swimming? If a sign says "the lions my bite, do you stick your hand in there with a pop tart?

The poster is taking absolutely no responsibility for his actions and is adding insurance fraud to boot. Classy. If you can't see anything at all wrong with that it's ok. Darwin will take care of you both soon enough.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
You believe everything you read?

My ex could put a sign on her that said, "I don't have herpes" -- doesn't mean it ain't true.
I can't help it, I have to comment again. I understand that the original poster is young, retarded and blissfully unaware of it, but are you being serious? The sign is saying that your car and rack could be damaged if you go through. He went through and it happened.
In your bonkers analogy the "I don't have herpes" sign is trying to encourage a behavior not warn against something bad happening to you.
If the sign said "your car won't be damaged, come on in" then yeah, they should be liable. But to read a sign that says "Your car will probably be damaged if you have a rack" and then sail on through anyway is pure and simple stupidity. Absolutely no argument.

If you're joking and I missed it, it's a good one on me.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Weirdest argument ever. A warning sign makes no difference? If a sign says dangerous undertow do you let your kids go swimming? If a sign says "the lions my bite, do you stick your hand in there with a pop tart?
wow, that's some retarded comparisons. Is the RAW diet decaying those few brain cells?

The poster is taking absolutely no responsibility for his actions and is adding insurance fraud to boot.
Really? Fraud? If that's the case, then why is the carwash paying for damages without a fight?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
wow, that's some retarded comparisons. Is the RAW diet decaying those few brain cells?

Really? Fraud? If that's the case, then why is the carwash paying for damages without a fight?
A) It's a perfect analogy, and you're too thick to understand personal responsibility.

B) Because it's cheaper and less damaging than fighting with him.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
*sigh*

It's not a valid analogy since the warning signs suggested have a specific outcome based on a specific scenario. "Not Responsible for Damage" is a vague disclaimer in an attempt to displace responsibility.

And ironically, "personal responsibility" is exactly what the carwash is attempting to avoid.

megrobelly

Chimp
Sep 23, 2023
I just had the same issue. I went to same place I have washed my car for the last 7 years but this time carwash ripped my storage cargo out of my mini cooper countryman, I have the feeling they won't take care of it. Looking for options.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would recommend zipping some long self tapping screws through your rack into the roof to ensure it is secure prior going to a carwash.