Quantcast

bad seller

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Toddly
derekbob, don' t be so hasty with judgement. Back in September and October I bought all the parts needed for a bike from the very good people here on Ridemonkey. Each one was upfront, honest and a pleasure to deal with and my son is riding a nice bike that I could not afford if bought new. I wish to Thanks to all of them again.
I agree. I have had nothing but pleasurable dealings with the monkeys here. I've puchased several parts and a tool, and sold a bunch of stuff. I haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood).

Originally posted by Inclag
I was in a "bad seller" situation a little while ago and it stinks. I'm not defending Lax here, but sometimes there are things that other :monkey: 's don't know regarding an ordeal that should not be made public that would probably change one's view on everything.
But in a case like that, you have a responsibility to the person whose money you have to explain that there is a personal problem going on and things will be delayed. And then, if they're not okay with that, you need to send their money back. By accepting their money you are accepting a responsibility and whatever is going on, you need to fulfill that - especially if you're not willing to explain the situation fully.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Originally posted by derekbob
Monkey or no monkey, good faith internet transactions suck. Maybe I lost all hope in humanity, but I would never send a check/paypal to someone I had never met (in real life that is) and actually expect something in return.

This reminds me of a pinkbike thread I saw a long time ago where some american (or guy in america) had scammed some canadian kid into sending his bike off and he never sent any payment in return. So being pinkbike, a bunch of 15 yr olds started blaming america.

I know theres good ppl out there, but Id never bet more than 20 bux on it
Yeah, internet deals are really dangerous nowadays. Yet, I've done quite a few buying and selling "good faith" deals with no problems. I suppose I'm a bit naive as I've never really been personally and individually cheated or robbed in almost any sense. I prefer dealing on the monkey. Good people.

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
He might be a little slow in sending it out but if it were me I would be touch base with the buyer letting him know whats going on and when it should arrive.
Yes retrofred was a little slow sending out the s8 but it was worth the wait. Still rockin it.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
hey glad to see your still rocking on the s8. i am still sorry about that. i try to send out as fast as possible now a days. i have only had one problem in send something out lately and that was to doug in the u.k.

word of warning, make sure you have the right size box before trying to ship out of country.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
retrofred said:
i don't mean to add to this forum, but i must. i bought a frame off corey and the deal went smooth. things can get out of control and get there fast. i myself have been slow in sending something out. give this monkey another chance.
Well, again, months is a lot more than "slow in sending something out".

And, of course, there's the fact that recently a thread surfaced in the Lounge where ANOTHER monkey had been waiting a long time for a part that he had been told was shipped. And at least one post reared its ugly head in that thread about a problem that yet another monkey had with this guy.

It looks like Lax usually gets his stuff shipped out, but it sure as heck isn't on time, and looks like he doesn't even get on top of things until a post comes up in Ridemonkey, or the buyer threatens to post something.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
i have to admit that he is not the fastest when it comes to sending out things. i turned around and sold him a set of hayes brakes and am still waiting for the money. it has been like three weeks sence the brakes were sent. thanks corey...........