Quantcast

Beets

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Beets are awesome. My favorite is roasting a chicken with potatoes, beets and maybe some carrots thrown in for good measure. Copious amounts of butter and salt, and mmmmmmmmm...

And of course they make your pee turn red! :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had beets again this Christmas. They were still horrible. Made them somewhat palatable with copious amounts of horseradish and sour cream.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Beets are awesome. My favorite is roasting a chicken with potatoes, beets and maybe some carrots thrown in for good measure. Copious amounts of butter and salt, and mmmmmmmmm...

And of course they make your pee turn red! :thumb:
Do they really? I didn't notice that. I guess guys have the advantage of looking in the toilet while they pee though.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Beets are one of the few veggies I don't get along with. I've tried to like them but the sweetness is almost sickening, like a yam gone wrong or something.

I am interested to try "golden" beets but I've never seen them before. Do they have a more mild flavor than red beets?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Beets are the best. I brought some to work with my juicer and let my kids juice them. They were so freaked out. Most held the same conclusion that you have come to. They hated it. I could eat them all day every day AND drink the juice.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I look upon you sadly, you who do not not partake in beet appreciation.

Edit: Whoa! What a topic to choose for my 4000th post.