Quantcast

behold the new fad in training!!!!pump tracks!!!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
:weee: :weee: :weee: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My muscels aren't really big. I do build jumps though. I only have a few around here. If I had a ranch, there would be jumps and stuff everywhere though.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
biggins said:
we have been talking about him moving up here.my folks want to buy rental houses here since they are retired (mostly). i will be renting the first house and was talking to LOo about it. we will see what happens.

as for partying in charlotte, i dont know. i dont have a dime to name and wont for the next 2 years so going all out partying is the last thing i need to do.
Loo and wiggins in one house....just let me know when you move in. I'm there.

Pump tracks? I'll def shovel on dirt jumps before I waste my time on a pump track. They look like a lot of fun though, but I don't plan on making one.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Build both. My playgroung has a smallish six pack that runs into the pump track. I love to ride the pump track but get worn out quickly doing so.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Jeremy R said:
This is exactly why I am so excited to be putting some jumps/trails on our land surrounding our new house. To be able to roll out of the garage, and get some riding in is making me smile in my sleep.
I think the reason pump tracks are popular is simply because you can put one in a regular backyard, and get some riding in out your back door.
Especially in the winter time when you get off work at 5 and it gets dark at 6. Being on the bike for 40 minutes is better than 0 minutes.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I get pretty bored on pump tracks.

How many times can you do the exact same thing?

Lately, adrenaline, not fun, has fueled my riding. Pump tracks offer me no adrenaline. Of course, if we had a huge, scary, terrifying pump track, then I wouldn't be bored. But, such a thing would be known as "dirt jumps" to mountain bikers, or, as better said in the BMX world, "trails", and thus not be known as a pump track.

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
For my money, the decision between pump track and trails is simply how much space you have and the layout of the land. DJ's are not as much fun if there is not enough room for at least a nice four pack that doesn't take a full-National gate-start every time you hit them. The added benefit of the pump track is how many more people can use it compared to six foot tall lips (like my kids, for example)...