Quantcast

Bender sequence @ Red bull Rampage

HuckNorris

Chimp
Jun 2, 2005
i huck to live
bizutch said:
pic of Grantels from the Bar Hump thread!

don't get mad at me either...I'm e-messing with you. :thumb:
here is a couple more shots of grantels because you :heart: him so much.
Don't hate, just masterbate. ;)
if you want, i could get you some shots of him nude with just the moto roost, and PM them to you. :thumb:

Attachments

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
HuckNorris said:
here is a couple more shots of grantels because you :heart: him so much.
Don't hate, just masterbate. ;)
if you want, i could get you some shots of him nude with just the moto roost, and PM them to you. :thumb:
See... Bender was a SIDESHOW. I see riders all the time sticking lines bigger and better than Bender ever did. Half of them you will never hear about. Why do you think people get so pissed when other praise him. I can think of more than a few people on RM that could out ride the guy, but because they don't crash every other time they jump they get no love. The guy I'm filming with in Tahoe right now says I don't crash enough. I was like what... Sorry... I think... didn't mean to mess up your movie. When Bender and I filmed Down with Thor ALMOST ALL of my footage got cut except for a few lines where I almost got tossed on my head. Yet stuck a few HUGE lines clean as hell and they never made it into the film. In the credits I was referred to as "one of the Karpiel boys in reno". Watched Bender get bucked off the same poorly built road-gap from 5 different angles in that flick. Yet stuck it, whipped it with a nice long lookback like 20 times, but non of that made it. He bailed on that gap so many time he finally had to quit riding that day because he was too beat up. Wrapping himself with more duct-tape and cardboard to TRY and get the job done. He should have been figuring out what the red knob on his shock is for. I used to call him bucky because he runs his bike with NO rebound and then cranks in the compresson knob all the way, and still can't figure out why he keeps getting tossed. That's why he kept wanting more travel. He wasn't using the 12" or so that he already had.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Ahhhhh but nothing beats the stupidity of that drop in Park City, you knew that was going to be an ambulance ride before he even left the ground.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Yeah I remember him walking into the Karpiel pit and telling us ALLLLLLLLLLLL about it. Most of the racers had a hard time keeping a strait face. Remember the guy who ran out of the crowd pointing and laughing standing right above Benders knocked out ass. Yelling HA you idiot HA!!!!! That was awesome!!!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dhtahoe said:
Yeah I remember him walking into the Karpiel pit and telling us ALLLLLLLLLLLL about it. Most of the racers had a hard time keeping a strait face. Remember the guy who ran out of the crowd pointing and laughing standing right above Benders knocked out ass. Yelling HA you idiot HA!!!!! That was awesome!!!
Although I agree that Bender was an idiot, that was completely tasteless and absolutely classless. It was not awesome, he should have had his ****ing ass kicked for being a ****ing moron.

And yes, I was standing right there.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Transcend said:
Although I agree that Bender was an idiot, that was completely tasteless and absolutely classless. It was not awesome, he should have had his ****ing ass kicked for being a ****ing moron.

And yes, I was standing right there.
If that would have been me you would have been "that guy" :blah:

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
escapeartist said:
Did anybody see the sequence of Benders 30ft stepdown backflip from the free Banshee poster in Decline? Come on folks, if .09% of the people that bash the hell out of Bender everytime his name is mentioned were .09% as talented and devoted to the sport as he is there would be a sh*t ton of rediculously good riders out there.
yea, what's the deal.. why do people bash him? More balls than me so props to him

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dhtahoe said:
dude...we so gotta get together and drink a brew!

I didn't go to Park City that first year...but on the video I watched it. Nobody had told me about the wreck before hand and as soon as I saw him line up, I yelled at the TV..."IDIOT!" The guy next to me freaked out too and then we watched him trampoline that sucker and busted out. I had seen him the week before I watched the video so I obviously knew he wasn't dead.

I went to Park City that following year and looked at what he was trying to land...it made NO sense. There wasn't a landing. We looked at it for 30 minutes and there was just no place to go.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
thesacrifice said:
yea, what's the deal.. why do people bash him?
It's like this... For riders that progress thru-out their careers it's tough to see a rider like bender keep getting hooked up because he hasn't progressed. The sport that he claims to have pushed the outer limits of has progressed without him. I personally had to sit and watch while the company WE both rode for kept dumping more and more money into the guy when we all knew he would be gone in a few short years. Riders of all shapes and sizes do backflips all the time, but then Bender does one and folks think it's something hot. I see 20 other riders at Red Bull doing simply incredable things, and yet half the media focus is on Bender being stupid. And for the riders who have more talent on that hill that is unacceptable. I have seen things done on a bike at Red Bull that NEVER make a single page in a mag. But Bender busting his ass makes it everywhere from 30 different angles. It's silly and part of the reason mountain biking looks stupid to the sponsors. If I got a 150k deal with GT next week I'm sure you would see the same posts about me. The lowest guy on the pro totum pole right now getting a full team ride. Wade, Cedric, Strait, etc are stepping it up every year, but Bender ALWAYS goes out in the first round TRYING something WAY OVER HIS HEAD. Sorry but I don't get what everyone see's in the guys riding. How many sit there after watching him eat it and say "wow... I want to ride like that!!!

Lennox

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Toronto, Ont. Canada
hate to say it but, lots of peeps watch for crashes... its entertainment. Bender seems to crash the biggest... hense the attention.

no good it is... but hey... people love watching others fail :(

take it easy on the guy tho... hes tryin to make a buck like the rest..

just have fun :D

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
you guys are all getting it wrong....

the reason why the media goes after him, is the words of wisdom that he allways come up with..... it has been like 3 years since i saw that video (which is locked in my house) and still cant get these words out of my mind... "life is short not to go big... gotta go big.."

hideous.....

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I always love when people talk about guys having balls, not just bender, but alot of guys like that in alot of different sports. There is a huge difference between having the balls to through yourself off something liket he PC drop, that by the way was set up at the last min without any thought cause he wanted to show off they you have absolutely no chance what so ever of making, and the balls to do something that you have the skill to make if you do it all right but if you make a mistake it can go very bad. It's called making calculated decisions, and that's what the guys at the top of the Rampage and things like that do, that he and the other guys like him don't.

legend_killer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
C-town, NC
dhtahoe said:
Yeah but do you see NASCAR fielding ONE GUY because they know he will crash. Something tells me the other drivers would be the same as we are... bitter.
yeah, chad littile he'd wreck just for the hell of it :devil: :p

JT

Darryl

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
ZION
dhtahoe said:
Lets see if he gets a ride next year!!!
His brand new custom 18 lb. custom cro-moly Canfield 10" travel monstrosity frame is sitting in the shop right now waiting for the wheels to be built.

Out of pocket that is, I don't think he's riding for them.

The road gap he wants to hit on it is certainly in the same class as the rest. I agree that somewhere progression should take place but it's just not his bag. Everything he does bike or not is just the way he does it.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Darryl said:
His brand new custom 18 lb. custom cro-moly Canfield 10" travel monstrosity frame is sitting in the shop right now waiting for the wheels to be built.

Out of pocket that is, I don't think he's riding for them.

The road gap he wants to hit on it is certainly in the same class as the rest. I agree that somewhere progression should take place but it's just not his bag. Everything he does bike or not is just the way he does it.
18lbs... What the hell. Does he expect to get it off the ground?

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
HA... So simple it missed me. He will be just like that weight lifter on old SNL. Pull so hard his arms just rip out and the arms just stay gripped to the bars. This has been fun. Bender and NORBA bashing are my fav. The kids on the lounge have been getting fun too. Transend I just leave alone for professional reasons, and stick is too easy.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
What I'd like to see is Bender start jumping UP cliffs. Then the crashing would be twice as spectacular. You'd get to see the impact from him coming up short, then the usual tumble all the way down.

Simply marvelous.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
hmm...from what I'm reading some folks in here seem jealous because Bender has achieved some degree of fame and they haven't...so put away the haterade and support a fellow rider...D

HuckNorris

Chimp
Jun 2, 2005
i huck to live
BMXman said:
hmm...from what I'm reading some folks in here seem jealous because Bender has achieved some degree of fame and they haven't...so put away the haterade and support a fellow rider...D
finaly, someone who doesn't think they are god.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
BMXman said:

*cough* dhtahoe *cough*