Quantcast

Best Hardtail Freeride Bike

rid3HB

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
nice bike Tully, very nice. what type of bars are those? those bars with the black frame look rad.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Thanks; the bars are ProTaper's. They came with the bike (I didn't choose them), but they'll definitely stay, since they've got the best hand position for me of anything I've tried. Not to mention, I really like the gold-on-black look, too.

micahb

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Washington
^Agreed.

I love seeing bikes like this .243. It kills me to see $2-3K bikes being sold "brand new, never ridden". I like seeing the ones with battle scars still going strong. I could give a sh*t if some punks anodized parts are the latest color scheme. Go ride.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Thanks - first time I've hit that one... it was scary

So did I when I got half way down and my back tire was not on the rock...

OK guys - less sales photo's and more ACTION SHOTS!!!
I'll take photo credit on those shots.
im not stupidbrave enough to rock the HT though.
:imstupid:

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
04 P2 Painted sweet orange, been a while since I shown off this beast...really more of a dj biek but whatever.

'04 p2
'03 Sherman firefly dropped to 80mm
truvative bars/stem/drivetrain (singlespeed)
24" Atomlab Pimp/Singletrack laced to ringle hubs
Avid Juicy 7s (now running a front)

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
u must be really tall or the picture just makes that frame look huge, but i'd probably look at getting a new bike
Why is it so important to have the best bike out there? If it's all he can afford, then I say rock it till it breaks.Then save up some cash for a new one, while you have this one to ride. :lighten:

It is however a xc bike and the geometry will not be best for freeride.