Quantcast

Cam Zink is evil for 2011!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
We can be sure we're not going to hear it from their website. It hasn't been updated in 2 years, not even a mention of Zink, you would think that would be front page.

Don't get me wrong, I was stoked on Evil when they started and I would love to see them turn things around but right now all signs point to the contrary.
There IS a new website in the works - I've seen it, but don't know when they are going to launch it. It's pretty dope and much more user friendly than the current one. I know, I know... it's been a while since it has been updated but I'm not the one running the show.

I've spoken with Walsh about the new site, the 2011 team, and the direction of Evil in the future and from what I've gathered, things ARE looking to turn around.

Banga: Mac will have several riding buddies... but I've said enough already. :)

Lions

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
Big yellow land
I love the rationale of "He doesn't have a big name sponsor because he's too ****in badass, mannnn. **** the system." But did anyone ever think that he doesn't have a big name frame sponsor because he isn't that competitive when stacked up against big names like McCaul, Semenuk, Claw, Montgomery, Lacondeguy, and even Watts to an extent?

Don't get me wrong, Zink is obviously a talented rider and a personality in the bike world, but when it comes to his positioning within the freeride/big mountain/[insert confusingly overlapping terminology to define a new bike segment here] world, he isn't that high up. Wyn Masters isn't going to end up on Specialized because he's a funny dude, and Zink isn't going get on a big team because he won Crankworx in a year when a lot of heavy hitters crashed out or didn't even enter.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I love the rationale of "He doesn't have a big name sponsor because he's too ****in badass, mannnn. **** the system." But did anyone ever think that he doesn't have a big name frame sponsor because he isn't that competitive when stacked up against big names like McCaul, Semenuk, Claw, Montgomery, Lacondeguy, and even Watts to an extent?

Don't get me wrong, Zink is obviously a talented rider and a personality in the bike world, but when it comes to his positioning within the freeride/big mountain/[insert confusingly overlapping terminology to define a new bike segment here] world, he isn't that high up. Wyn Masters isn't going to end up on Specialized because he's a funny dude, and Zink isn't going get on a big team because he won Crankworx in a year when a lot of heavy hitters crashed out or didn't even enter.

ummmmmm...I take it you missed the redbull rampage?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802

Pretty much the facts right there. Plus he's been hurt fairly regularly for the past several years while all the other heavy hitters have been racking up serious video and media exposure. Freeride is a bit different from racing in that it's not totally driven by results (and even that's changing). If you're hurt you aren't filming, and that's a huge liability.