Quantcast

Carbon V10

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Did you also get the chance to ride it in the 8.5" travel position?

Aren't the frames bqack ordered, read it somewhere here? there is a delay in delivery?
Didn't have a chance to get to the 8.5 position yet. Got 9 runs in on the local hill. I'll get to that next time I hope. Will keep you posted.

They are waiting on swingarms now is my understanding. Must not have them from Apro yet as they powder coat in-house. Should be coming soon.

BrianMac

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Didn't have a chance to get to the 8.5 position yet. Got 9 runs in on the local hill. I'll get to that next time I hope. Will keep you posted.

They are waiting on swingarms now is my understanding. Must not have them from Apro yet as they powder coat in-house. Should be coming soon.
Any feedback on the 8.5 setting would be great. I'm waiting on a large (I'm hearing end of March) and am getting the slightest case of cold feet looking at the DHRs. I'm coming off of a Glory and would love to hear how the V10 rides, in some way hoping it doesn't necessarily ride like a V10, if that makes sense. I spent a week recently on a Socom with a CCDB, so a little curious if it's similar or not.

Thanks

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I don't have a ton of time on mine yet, but I really love it. I'm coming off a Session/DHX/Boxxer WC and the V10 is setup at the 8.5" position with a Vivid Air and Boxxer WC.

The weight is outstanding - frame PLUS shock weighed under 9 lbs. The final build was around 35-36, and it rides even lighter than that. Very snappy, lots of fun, easy to bunny hop, and easy to control on the hill. The geometry is low and slack, and very adjustable (two travel modes and 5 different possibilities with the Angleset).

The attention to detail is also fantastic. They have a really nice custom shock cover/rear fender (cannot believe Intense and Turner aren't offering something similar), and the finish on the bike is perfect - it's a real eye catcher. Other nice things are that they include grease and a grease gun that's so massive and overbuilt, it wouldn't look out of place in a Boeing hangar, and they also include a bunch of transparent frame saver tape to, well, save your frame.

I was hesitant about this bike, too (I've always loved the feel of DW-Link suspension and really like the looks of the M9), but I'm thrilled with the V10 carbon so far.

FYI,
-JP

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Any chance you can compare it to the last V10? I am so curious if its worth upgrading. I really have no complaints about my V10, so its a hard thing to justify. :P

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
My experiences are very limited. I've only done a couple of runs on an old V10, and I've only done a couple on the new one (and only in the 8.5" setting). That said, the new one feels a lot more lively than I remember the old one feeling. My memory of the old one is that it was a great bike, but you didn't have much of a choice of how you rode it - you just plowed over/through stuff, and that was fine. The new one gives you the option - it's plenty plush, but it also pops around and over stuff nicely. It also feels a lot lower, which helps in the corners.

Suspension setup and geometry probably played a part in all of these characteristics, so take this with a grain of salt.

--JP

Curler

Chimp
Dec 6, 2007
Seattle, WA
What shocks are you guys riding? Considering the Vivid Air and the RC4. What are you guys going with? Anyone have any problems getting the Vivid Air to feel like a coil?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
well apparently the black/gold w/ white swingarms are shipping. they sent that color instead of the one that we ordered, black (w/ silver swingarm)

anyone need a XL? :)

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
Could you accidentally order a small and then sell it to me for $648.67 and some text books? You can have my bean bag chair too, it's red. That's all I'm worth.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I got the impression that there's a delay with the large front ends. Why else would mediums and XLs have been arriving for months but no larges and smalls?
I was told by SC on phone that the delays at this time (last tuesday) were due to waiting on PC White swingarms, and it would be ~8 weeks from then, fantastically - 1 week later they manage to deliver 7 weeks ahead of schedule -- but thats not what I #%@!&* ordered.

HELLOOOOO!!!!!!!!

derp

v-10dh

Chimp
Mar 15, 2009
Does anyone here think its worth paying extra for the rc4 or vivid air? Fwiw I race in the northeast and weigh ~190

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
HuckBanzai's new toy came in today. damn this thing is light even with a Vivid 5.1 w/ 450# spring.
ill let him post the pics
DOH, they sent 450? I need 500 and 550... Really, XL bike and the riders gonna be 175? Hellooooooooo

450 is useless to me. Grrrr...

Last edited: