Quantcast

Champery World Cup - Live Thread

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I have a feeling that is all you watch for, to hear him complain. Not a personal slam on ya, I just know when I find someone irritating, I think I find myself just looking for the annoying parts? ya know?

I likes me some Minnaar though…he is one of the many guys that give the sport some flavor.
I don't though. I have never, ever commented on Minnaar complaining. It just stuck out to me. But as I have already stated, I have a lot of respect for Minnaar (and pretty much everyone out there racing WC DH), so it's all good.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I don't though. I have never, ever commented on Minnaar complaining. It just stuck out to me. But as I have already stated, I have a lot of respect for Minnaar (and pretty much everyone out there racing WC DH), so it's all good.
Fair play…sorry I made assumptions.

And please, no bromance jokes.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
also despite my earlier comments I do enjoy a bit of Minnaar and my comments were in no way meant to be read as 'Greg Minnaar is a prick' I guess I'm frustrated that I'm filling out forms and looking for jobs whilst Greg is getting paid to rip the crap out of some ridiculously steep and fast corners in Champery

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
Steve Smith had a small crash before entering the woods about 1/3 down the track. Actually he crashed just in front of me walking the awsome walk-track beside the course :)

Greg Minaar had a minor stand still on the really gnarly steep sectoon after the tripple jump. He came sliding down to the platform/catch berm and got his back wheel caught on the side of it, he lost a couple of seconds in that section. Gee won that steep section hands down!

Last edited:

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Firstly Brycelands season is not going well. The kid seems to have such skill and style on the bike but it's not been shining in the races so far this year. Danny Hart on the other hand, he seems to be finding some consistancy this year and doing what people expected him to do.

With the number of people that crashed in quali's today it'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. There could be some people in the hot seat for quite a while.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Gee will win tomorrow. The kid is strong and skillful on the bike, I think it's a track that suits his style of riding. Lets call it controlled and rowdy. :)

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
After today's results, i'm betting some joe random from poland or something wins!
I'm calling Shaun O'Connor. 6th at the first split, then crashed in quali. He is one of the first guys to go and assuming the weather plays out the same as it did in 07, would give him a huge advantage.

-KT

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Go Jackie Harmony! Her first World Cup and it is steep as hell and muddy. Hope she picks it up a bit tomorrow.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Just checked the quali vids... This place is a bit off the charts with the mud. Bit like 07. Gee did pass a good comment on how the track, while pretty nice when dry, was not designed to handle wet conditions like that with a massive amount of riders on it in a short period of time. Again, we can't blame the Champery crew 'cause how can you realistically prevent a track from turning into sh*t with conditions like that??

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Just woken up to more rain in Morgins, and its been pretty much raining all night too. Heading over in a couple of hours.

Will be packing the wet weather gear today!!!

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Anybody else have the Freecaster countdown jump by like 2 hours? At midnight it was showing 5 hours to go. Then at 5AM it was showing 2 hours...

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Hacktastic and I are watching womens finals right now. Feed is pretty good. Occasional blips. The riding though, the track, total sh*t show and its awesome.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
"...Another rider that's upside down on the track" - Whoever the announcer is. That says about everything.