Quantcast

Country Park Photos

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Well, we made a mountain board jump going down the middle of the park. We finish the six pack, which will be sick once its dry. Added a berm at the bottom of the step down. A fast 18 foot table after the tight berm coming off of the main table. And started on a 25 foot table at the very bottom after the most beautiful berm I have ever seen. Oh yeah, and started cleaning up the woods for the skinnies and stuff.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
motomike said:
where's the pix at? I'm gettin' ancy!

.....Sorry 'bout the delay. I was resizing and photo-hosting last night, when I accidentally moved some files where they shouldn't be, and spent the next few hours trying to find them. BY that time, it was late, and I needed to hit the rack. I'll have then up tonight for sure. I also have some pics from biggins' camers that I'll put up as well. Again, sorry for the delay.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Another nice day playing in the dirt. I have responsibilities.....I shouldn't be playing in the dirt, should I??

Well....you know Merrit makes a good test subject for new jumps.

.....So does Mike.

......You gotta be quick with the shutter-finger to catch them go by.

Big Pine Perspective.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
You know you gotta get some berm shots......

Another....Photo Credit: Biggins

Deja Vu....Photo:Biggins

Mike and I contemplate future lines through the berm...Photo: Biggins

The real heroes. Photo: Biggins

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Manimal saw an old friend. The bike, not the headless guy. Unfortunately, the guy now has to live with the knowledge that he's riding around on a bike that has "TUBBY IS COOL" engraved on the bottom bracket. :p

DMaRt. Photo: Biggins

Here's a few shots of the first giant step-down attempts. That's gotta hurt. Photo: Biggins

Tuck and roll......tuck and roll....and I ain't talkin' about upholstry either. Photo: Biggins

It's upright, it's a landing in my book. Kudos for the attempts! Photo: Biggins

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
And now for the obligatory B&W shots:

Good group. Everyone picking up a shovel, rake, or tamper gets a say in what happens.

A moment of quiet.

Berm zen-master Zach.

Merrit has an idea how the step-down should work. Either that, or he stopped by Taco Bell on the way over....

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Testing tabletop distances....

C'mon....pull those feet off!

Whip.

Whip it good.

Manimal gives Noah some instruction on railing the berm faster after a bad crash.
I don't know of too many 4 yr. olds that rail berms any faster than he does..... :cool:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Biggins and I stopped by Tar River on Sunday for a session on the stunts. Had the whole park to ourselves. We weren't really feeling in the picture-taking mood....a hard day of shoveling and riding coupled with two incredibly late nights at the bars had us whooped. We managed a few decent shots, though.

Biggins on the giant radial wall ride.

Negative inversion on the wallride.

More of the same.

Me off the Monster jump

Photowhore

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Thank You!

Yeppers, had the whole place to ourselves. Met bryan down at the hip jump where he was working on a monstrosity of a tower that drops you into either a 15 foot gap or a 12 foot hip to the left that's twice the size of the other hip jump a little further down. It's also going to have offshoots that drop at random heights into a gulley. Wild stuff indeed. We did a bunch of walk-behind videos, but I need a place to host them first. Biggins got some sequence shots of myself off the Mega Drop over at Killer hill. He may post them up later this week when he gets back from visiting his folks.

Thacker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
I'm thinking of coming down...should I bring my hardtail, or short travel?.... looks like it would be fun on either....

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
either one, depending on what you want to do. The giant step down would be more suited to a short travel bike, everything else flows really well. I use a hardtail. I think it helps to pump it through the berms and keep speed. I'll be there this sunday afternoon, after I get home from the ATL supercross! YEAH!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
The main line should be drying. I wouldn't even think about the six pack(er, three pack, whichever you prefer) or any of those new jumps, they'll take forever to harden up.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Thacker said:
I'm thinking of coming down...should I bring my hardtail, or short travel?.... looks like it would be fun on either....
The way the course is designed you can really ride anything. Its smooth enough to ride a bmx or cruiser on but its downhill enough to ride even a long travel bike on. I ride my big hit cause right now its all ive got, but one kid who rides out there does it all on a 50ib foes with a monster, you can pretty much ride whatever you like best

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
motomike said:
The main line should be drying. I wouldn't even think about the six pack(er, three pack, whichever you prefer) or any of those new jumps, they'll take forever to harden up.
Yeah I figured the new stuff would be toast. I'll try to help pack'em down. And oh yeah get the Demo 8, you're too little to huck around a 9(hijack) and yeah the Fox 40 is sweet(I rode one @Specialized.) hijack over

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
motomike said:
I'll be there this sunday afternoon, after I get home from the ATL supercross! YEAH!
You should bring your bike and stay Sunday in Atlanta. There will be a crap load of us dirt jumping and riding a ton on Sunday.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
You should bring your bike and stay Sunday in Atlanta. There will be a crap load of us dirt jumping and riding a ton on Sunday.
Damn you and your riding!!!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
profro said:
Official Derail...

Did I mention the skate park Friday night, plus dirt jumping on Staurday, plus more dirt jumping on Sunday? :blah:
I hope you ride some much that your wheels square off!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I am planning on getting to ATL saturday morning ( :( ) and watching practice/qualifying/hanging with the pros/getting cool sh*t/etc...then coming home sunday morning to hit the g-boro jumps in the afternoon, then watching the ATL supercross on the tube.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
greyhound - that pic of me and noah is going on my wall!!! u are the photo hero. oh yeah, don't forget to send some of them to me via email, i know u took a lot more than u posted. better yet.....i'll just hit up ur place and burn 'em all on disc...now that i know you live so close!

thacker - bring the hardtail, the track is really smooth.

Hoytmonious

Chimp
Feb 23, 2005
Greensboro, NC
Rode the jumps today, they were suprisingly dry. It was fantastic.

There was this insane kid out there on a tiny 16" bike RIPPING. It was hilarious. I told him to come back on Saturday so we could get some pics/video.

Incidentally, the kid that someone thought was a girl is actually a boy. His name is Craig, and in that pic he's riding a Specialized Epic. This past weekend he showed up with a BigHit grom and was nailing the new 6-pack. And he's 14. Ridiculous.

I realized one big problem with the jumps. Apparently they were built in some sort of time warp. I was out there today for what I thought was about 15 minutes, but actually was about 2 hours. A couple of weekends ago a "2 hour session" was actually 6 hours. Not a huge problem I guess, but annoying nonetheless.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Greyhound said:
Manimal saw an old friend. The bike, not the headless guy. Unfortunately, the guy now has to live with the knowledge that he's riding around on a bike that has "TUBBY IS COOL" engraved on the bottom bracket. :p

ahhh, the memories on that bike :heart: :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
ok, back to some actual photos in this thread.

motomike spanking the log gap.....he was so smooth you couldn't even hear him land

loving the camera

whippage

check out his face :D

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Sweat Manimal!!!!! You da man! One of those kids had an awesome vid of that jump from uderneath me. Hey, I crashed today everybody!!! I know a lot of people have been asking me why I don't crash, so there you go. I crashed. And it almost hurt a little...

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
That looks pretty seet Mike, its amazing that a week after people were just sorta half-assing trying to see if they could do it your whippin it, nice work. Anyone comin on saturday?

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
Where is the Pics of my 1 Footers and Tables off that thing, I know someone was out there with a camera i just dont know who.

BTW that gap jump or whatever you wanna call it kicks freakin ass.