Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A 22 y/o coworker of mine is showing symptoms. He tried to get checked out. Since he is in a low risk group and was only showing mild symptoms he was told to go home and was not given a test.
Which is what I was told a week ago and I'm not quite twice that age.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Well I have sniffles and a sore throat. Minimal coughing. Can feel it when I breath real deep but that doesn’t make me cough. It’s been 24 hours and I’m feeling better. Predicting no sore throat tomorrow. Which will be good cause I wanna get high all day again.Imma have a beer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Which is what I was told a week ago and I'm not quite twice that age.

The real risk group is 50+. And even then your normal fat fuck fifty. You could probably lose 90% lung capacity and still outperform the average American. If you only had the option to live in country with functional leadership and a healthcare system design to provide healthcare and not profits. (I assume you can live in Canada, not referring to Boris' Island)

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The real risk group is 50+. And even then your normal fat fuck fifty. You could probably lose 90% lung capacity and still outperform the average American. If you only had the option to live in country with functional leadership and a healthcare system design to provide healthcare and not profits. (I assume you can live in Canada, not referring to Boris' Island)
That's me...well, not the fat part!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well I have sniffles and a sore throat. Minimal coughing. Can feel it when I breath real deep but that doesn’t make me cough. It’s been 24 hours and I’m feeling better. Predicting no sore throat tomorrow. Which will be good cause I wanna get high all day again.Imma have a beer.
Edibles are a great bong replacement.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I want to cook some up, but my kids are assholes about sweets. Ill have to make them some too. Probably should make theirs with just a bit so me and karla can get some fucking peace and quite. But i wont. Ill have to lock them up, the almost four year old used scissors to open a bag chocolate chips this morning. At least she let us sleep.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Cough, cough, (don't) pass...

Now is not the time to share joints, bongs, bowls, pipes, or vape pens, either. Frequently clean your pieces with high percentage isopropyl alcohol, he says, to ensure they’re sterile.

“Individuals should consider that consuming hot smoke from combusted plant material can be an irritant to the respiratory system, especially for those currently showing symptoms,” Altieri says. Even if you aren’t sick, combustion adds unnecessary stress to the respiratory system, he continued. And for those who already have the virus, smoking could exacerbate symptoms.

Edibles, oils, and tinctures are methods of consumption which don’t impact the lungs, he says. And if you’ve got extra time on your hands, there are plenty of recipes for cannabutter, brownies, cookies, and teas.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
From an email today:

Dear Colleagues,

Due to limited availability of testing supplies and delays in results, UCHealth will immediately suspend all COVID-19 testing except for our symptomatic employees and providers (employed and/or credentialed) and hospitalized patients.

Providers – please do not write any ambulatory orders for COVID-19 testing at this time. If you have a patient with mild symptoms that you suspect may have COVID-19 due to exposure to a known case or travel, they should be advised to isolate at home for 7-10 days and 72 hours after fever resolves. The patient should be advised to seek medical care if symptoms worsen. The outcome and management of a COVID-19 test will not impact your patient’s care.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Cough, cough, (don't) pass...

Now is not the time to share joints, bongs, bowls, pipes, or vape pens, either. Frequently clean your pieces with high percentage isopropyl alcohol, he says, to ensure they’re sterile.

“Individuals should consider that consuming hot smoke from combusted plant material can be an irritant to the respiratory system, especially for those currently showing symptoms,” Altieri says. Even if you aren’t sick, combustion adds unnecessary stress to the respiratory system, he continued. And for those who already have the virus, smoking could exacerbate symptoms.

Edibles, oils, and tinctures are methods of consumption which don’t impact the lungs, he says. And if you’ve got extra time on your hands, there are plenty of recipes for cannabutter, brownies, cookies, and teas.
Yep

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My sister is one of the Fox News Believers. I had a talk with her yesterday. it was like talking to a rock. She firmly believes that its all panic and that its just like the flu. She argued that the Flu kills way more than COVID has so why lock down . I tried to explain the math to her on viral expansion :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My sister is one of the Fox News Believers. I had a talk with her yesterday. it was like talking to a rock. She firmly believes that its all panic and that its just like the flu. She argued that the Flu kills way more than COVID has so why lock down . I tried to explain the math to her on viral expansion :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Look on the bright side, at the end of this, the average human IQ may increase.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
has she not noticed that all the hosts are seperated now and you can't see the women folks barely covered cooters anymore under their hooker skirts?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
a statue of them stocking toilet paper.
If no one ends up having to eat a meal from a US Aid bag of rice people should feel pretty grateful..

Who am I kidding, we all a bunch of ungrateful cunts. Those people make shit for money and therefore are of no societal value.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It probably has been bad but know one noticed. They have a huge spike in diagnosis, quadrupling over 48 hours. But that is primarily related to test availability and not a significant spike in the spread of the disease. I assume this is the case everywhere.

A 22 y/o coworker of mine is showing symptoms. He tried to get checked out. Since he is in a low risk group and was only showing mild symptoms he was told to go home and was not given a test.
Been watching US deaths closely since one of the mouthbreathers on our local riding page said that there's a conspiracy and the numbers are fake because they don't match (which I researched and later pointed out was due to lag and the CDC closing out numbers the day before updating). 3 days later, the number of deaths in the US has risen 3x. Pretty dramatic. What I also find very interesting is the number of "recovered" in the US...which as far as I can tell, is zero, even though somewhere there are supposed some, I can't find them. In some places the number of recovered to dead is pretty dismal. Hopefully that's just a function of time too and many more will show up as recovered...but the worldwide death-rate has also been inching up...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been watching US deaths closely since one of the mouthbreathers on our local riding page said that there's a conspiracy and the numbers are fake because they don't match (which I researched and later pointed out was due to lag and the CDC closing out numbers the day before updating). 3 days later, the number of deaths in the US has risen 3x. Pretty dramatic. What I also find very interesting is the number of "recovered" in the US...which as far as I can tell, is zero, even though somewhere there are supposed some, I can't find them. In some places the number of recovered to dead is pretty dismal. Hopefully that's just a function of time too and many more will show up as recovered...but the worldwide death-rate has also been inching up...

If you look at a logarithmic display of deaths and diagnosis you can see that the only real spike in the death rate was at the beginning of this month. I'd guess was just the time to get to the top of the bell curve once the disease had a foothold long enough to start killing people. The death rate has been pretty constant since then. There was an interesting rise a few days ago, it will take a few days to see what that really means.

Capture.PNG

Edit: that may not be a rate increase starting a few days ago. We see a similar pattern every 7 days. Could be a delay in reporting over the weekends and a polynomial curve fit that exaggerates minor disturbances.

Last edited: