Quantcast

-)-)-)dark start monday gmt(-(-(-

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
sounds like you need a better PCP. i've never had to wait longer than 48 hours for a sick/injure visit.
That has occurred to me actually. I could certainly find one closer to home, in fact the closest office is walking distance from the house. I'm reluctant for two reasons though, I really like my doc, and she's basically been my primary since we moved here and is all up to speed on my rather elaborate medical history. Going to any new doctor is really a pain in the ass when it comes to catching them up to speed on what I've done to my body.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
That has occurred to me actually. I could certainly find one closer to home, in fact the closest office is walking distance from the house. I'm reluctant for two reasons though, I really like my doc, and she's basically been my primary since we moved here and is all up to speed on my rather elaborate medical history. Going to any new doctor is really a pain in the ass when it comes to catching them up to speed on what I've done to my body.
Isn't waiting 6 weeks a more giant pain in the ass? Just sayin... 6 weeks of no running will set you back a bit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's a very good point, but given your history, i think a little more expediency would be required.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Isn't waiting 6 weeks a more giant pain in the ass? Just sayin... 6 weeks of no running will set you back a bit.
that's a very good point, but given your history, i think a little more expediency would be required.
Maybe it's a regional thing? I just called about switching to the office that's by the house, and their wait time is even longer. Guess I'm spending Thursday at Urgent care.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am playing hooky today from my conference in paradise. We decided that this condo we are renting is too far from everything (only one restaurant on site and expensive groceries are a 20+ minute walk away) so am caving in and picking up a rental car.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I just heard from m y real estate agent that our lake property that is 2 states away and has been on the market for 3 years has a full price offer with a closing date of April 15ht! I won't be making any money but it will be nice to have the cash as vacant land is very hard to bank.

I should say that full price now is 35K less than it was 3 years ago... meh, it needed to go as we were paying for lake maintenance, water and property taxes but not actually using it, just that will save about 4K per year or just enough to buy an over priced fat bike.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I just read that Squaw receive 111 inches over the past 10 days. :o
I tried to ski but the snow kept getting in the way

The upper mountain didn't even open for the most part and I probably should have made it over to Alpine (but that would have required extra driving) and only Red Dog/Far East were turning on Sunday by the time I had to roll out and the slog back to the bay was pretty intense and long as hell. But the snow was ridiculous.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went grocery shopping after work tonight at one of the more expensive stores, in hopes of grabbing some better looking produce.

Little did I know, that I'd witness some uppity twat throwing a hissy fit over an Old El Paso taco kit. Why was she bitching? The package rang up $0.50 more expensive than what the sign on the shelf (supposedly) displayed. When the cashier got another person to go verify the tag, the lady quickly proclaimed "OH GOD I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS" and stormed off. The taco package was the only thing she had.

Listen lady, tacos are great. No need to freak out over 50 cents.

Now I'm sitting here wanting tacos, but nooooo, I'm stuck with spinach and chicken.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Went grocery shopping after work tonight at one of the more expensive stores, in hopes of grabbing some better looking produce.

Little did I know, that I'd witness some uppity twat throwing a hissy fit over an Old El Paso taco kit. Why was she bitching? The package rang up $0.50 more expensive than what the sign on the shelf (supposedly) displayed. When the cashier got another person to go verify the tag, the lady quickly proclaimed "OH GOD I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS" and stormed off. The taco package was the only thing she had.

Listen lady, tacos are great. No need to freak out over 50 cents.

Now I'm sitting here wanting tacos, but nooooo, I'm stuck with spinach and chicken.
You should have told the moron that nobody... I mean NOBODY... eats hard shell tacos. Fucking heathen. :disgust1:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So... no one remembers the days when Taco Bell at 1 AM was the best gut bomb going? You guys have gone all chi chi on yourselves.

In college it was Taco Bell or Ramen for me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So... no one remembers the days when Taco Bell at 1 AM was the best gut bomb going? You guys have gone all chi chi on yourselves.

I don't remember that.

I like a good Taco just as much as the next guy. I also like to have Tacos made from a Old El paso kit Taco every once in a while. Just like I like Stouffers French Bread Pizzas when they are on sale at Aldis. I would eat Haggis Tacos if somebody made me them. Seriously I would. I like Tripe and Liver and onions also...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
TN, glad to see you are spending your time well. overall how are you doing these days?
pretty f'n good.
been booze free for almost 5 months now. dating a super great girl pretty seriously now. I am super healthy & pretty damn fit. honestly I feel like at 38 I the in the best shape of my life.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Taco Bell was too far from my house as a teenager, plus it closes at 9pm here.

Most of the pizza places are open until 3am here. Nothing beats a good slice of pizza at 2:30 am and then stumbling home. Or getting a whole pizza and leaving all of it on the roof of your car over night....and then watching someone eat it in the morning. :rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

I used to eat a lot of Taco Bell until I stopped eating beef when I was 21. Had it a few times since, but mostly couldn't choke down their bean burritos.

Of course now I know how to make Tacos Mexicanos and where all the good taquerias are.

And if your salsa comes in a jar, it's crap and you fail at tacos.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In other news, no riding today, just sleeping, and accidentally killed the studio refrigerator. Oops.

Replacement shock number two will be here tomorrow. Rocks will be broken and corners shall be properly railed.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My salsa does sometimes arrive in a jar... so it is evident that I fail salsa. What next?

The only thing I ever ate at Taco Bell was hard shell tacos, I didn't discover taco trucks until the late 80s. Taco trucks are rare in Montana, the best we do is Taco Del Mar type places without a single Mexican in sight.

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
My salsa does sometimes arrive in a jar... so it is evident that I fail salsa. What next?

The only thing I ever ate at Taco Bell was hard shell tacos, I didn't discover taco trucks until the late 80s. Taco trucks are rare in Montana, the best we do is Taco Del Mar type places without a single Mexican in sight.
There's a good taco truck in Dillon (next time you're enroute South) and another in W Yelowstone but I was less impressed by that one...

I know you dog on BZN, but we have a good brick and morter joint La Tinga and bevy of other "fancier" ones...

But for some reason the Latino migration stops in Denver

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
But for some reason the Latino migration stops in Denver
There are legit taco joints in denver, and even a couple down here in the springs. The only thing I've ever found north of Ft Collins is Taco Johns. And if ever a whiter version of "mexican" food has ever existed, I've yet to have the misfortune of stumbling across it.