Quantcast

Dave Mirra Is Dead....

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
'xcuse the necrobump but this is the head injury/concussion thread I remembered when watching this podcast with Wyn Masters and kirt Voreis
Voreis mentions his own head injuries and how it's affected him mentally and it struck a chord with me

Didn't know there was a link between microdosing shrooms and sorting out the mental effects of head injury though...
anybody know more about this?

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I found this video from the Nitro Circus guys to be very heavy and it includes former MTB racer and current Nitro Circus member Jim Dechamp as well as numerous references to Dave Mirra.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Didn't know there was a link between microdosing shrooms and sorting out the mental effects of head injury though...
anybody know more about this?
If something is a health trend in silicon valley (aka biohacking) it's untested as shit and mostly based on bad studies and people not knowing how to read those studies. There are some studies about psilocybin working WITH therapy but topics where there is a lot of hype produce a lot of BS. Think of it as Keto or crossfit but for brain.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I found this video from the Nitro Circus guys to be very heavy and it includes former MTB racer and current Nitro Circus member Jim Dechamp as well as numerous references to Dave Mirra.

Thanks for sharing man.
A lot of what Travis said really struck a chord with me. Same with the Neurologist's comments about personality, cognative, memory and behavioural changes parts

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
If something is a health trend in silicon valley (aka biohacking) it's untested as shit and mostly based on bad studies and people not knowing how to read those studies. There are some studies about psilocybin working WITH therapy but topics where there is a lot of hype produce a lot of BS. Think of it as Keto or crossfit but for brain.
What?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I am saying that the shoom thing you posted is for now BS. It may work but for now, it's more hype than fact. My expensive school connections somehow mean I have friends who are either doing studies on psychodelics and therapy or cognitive scientists and nope. The microdosing doing wonders for now is mostly anecdotal and not yet proven in metastudies, not replicated or proven on a large enough scale. It may work but it's pushed by people who are not always the best sources of info.