Quantcast

>>> Day two of week whatever <<<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Work. Mud, sand, vacuum. That's life, baby.

Gotta shuffle a bunch of stuff around so the new washing machine can be delivered Friday. Hopefully this one doesn't deposit sandy scum particles all over everything too. :rolleyes:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

:dead:

I feel dead from basically doing nothing yesterday.

Lots of lightning last night at 2am.

@johnbryanpeters it looks like you're just on the outside of being really bad :panic:

1687784107202.png

Locally, we have some severe thunderstorm warnings now. I'm sure the town I'm in will get the warning soon...
1687784332318.png

back to work. ugh. kill list. nothing like back to back to back meetings to return to work to.

rained 1/4" last night, rain barrel is about half full.
What are you collecting from? With that much rain ours overflow. I have two of them hooked up in series, to one downspout on the house, and even they fill up with one rain.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What are you collecting from? With that much rain ours overflow. I have two of them hooked up in series, to one downspout on the house, and even they fill up with one rain.
i put in a downspout diverter in for it.

edit: the diverter i got isn't an autobypass one, but there is a valve for the hose to the barrel that i can manually turn off.

should also add, my wife found the 2 barrels on FB marketplace for free. they both needed valves/seals/etc, got that all off amazon (including the diverters) for a little under $100.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode 2 sections of the Idaho back country discovery route yesterday whilst waiting on ring and pinion parts. This country never gets old to me.
You missed ole cleeter mcskeeter up there. Check out this jet boat:

Those little jet boats look like a blast. If I win the lottery on Wednesday, I'd for sure put my name on one :busted:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
You missed ole cleeter mcskeeter up there. Check out this jet boat:

Those little jet boats look like a blast. If I win the lottery on Wednesday, I'd for sure put my name on one :busted:
Ironically he’s ridden on two of my boats that were much more capable. The boys at HCM got him with a good time. Funny how many local don’t even have a clue who he is or what YouTube is.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Felt kinda bad sending my boy to mountain bike camp in that this morning. But he told me last night he was super excited about it. Plus, it's supposed to clear out throughout the day. And the rest of the week may be a washout, so we decided to send him anyways. This morning wasn't as bad as yesterday so I hope it gets better quick.

I don't know what to do with myself with this lame arm. I suppose I should continue to rest up. Since I technically work in Quebec, today is a holiday (joyeuse Saint Jean @Jozz @dump @konifere - and all other QC-based :monkey: ) so I have the day off. Feels like a waste stuck here at home.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Tragedy struck at my backyard kegerator! Getting the bar ready for the summer and noticed the temp was reading 63. Turned it back down to 36, but still didn’t change. An hour on google and it maybe a bad relay. Ordered one on Amazon last night and it should be here today. Fingers crossed as I really don’t feel like buying a new one.
IMG_9004.jpeg
IMG_9005.jpeg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH this morning so I can take the old toilet to the dump. I'm also tossing the wife's Pho stash (about 300 servings) as she got sick of it and now it's passed it's best buy date and the food bank doesn't want it. I way overestimated when I bought it, but it was a good deal :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm surprisingly not too bad this morning after our 10 miles, 2850ft yesterday climbing to the top of a mountain with very little in the way of established trail anywhere near the top :D (Santa Fe Mtn)

Where didja go?
We hiked up to Beartrack Lake in the Mt Evans Wilderness - was surprisingly quiet, TBH. I was expecting crowds... although perhaps the fact that it's 11 miles RT and over 2K vertical up to it keeps it quiet?

Appears as if it'd be some good fishin', too. :brows:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friggin power just went out for 10 seconds here at work. :banghead:

House is in the purple blob near the top. I hope the plants want more rain, cause they gettin' it.
1687792431541.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hallo ppls

RNO-DEN this afternoon. Hopefully no overweight bag charges this time around—dinged for $100 on way out. My wife is a wonderful person in many ways but has no idea how to pack lightly. Books and toiletries and games for the kids galore.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We hiked up to Beartrack Lake in the Mt Evans Wilderness - was surprisingly quiet, TBH. I was expecting crowds... although perhaps the fact that it's 11 miles RT and over 2K vertical up to it keeps it quiet?

Appears as if it'd be some good fishin', too. :brows:
Looks like you head in from Camp Rock Campground? I've ridden to there a bunch of times but never headed beyond it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Looks like you head in from Camp Rock Campground? I've ridden to there a bunch of times but never headed beyond it.
That's the spot. You technically need a state hunting/fishing license to enter at that location, but there wasn't anybody checking...

Apparently you also need a day-use permit to travel in the Mt Evans Wilderness, but they were also out of those self-service permits at that location. :rolleyes: :D

remind me to not try to ski at Perisher early in the season

I'll simply remind you not to ski in Australia at all, m8. :D

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
remind me to not try to ski at Perisher early in the season

Downhill skiing looks fun and all, but not spend four hours in the car plus $200/pp/day on lift tickets only to get in a mere 4 runs cause the line is so long kind of fun.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Downhill skiing looks fun and all, but not spend four hours in the car plus $200/pp/day on lift tickets only to get in a mere 4 runs cause the line is so long kind of fun.
Midweek skiing on a pass changes the equation. I paid something like $20/day in pass fees last season. Mind you, equipment, food, lessons/programs added up to much more but that was optional. I could have dirtbagged it for $20.