Quantcast

Death Penalty = Abortion?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Ok then discuss it here:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Damn True
I thought you didn't hold an intrinsic value on human life?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heheh, I knew that had to come up sooner or later, with all my bleeding heart liberalism...

if you go back and read my statement, you'll note that I highly value a human's potential to contribute. Without turning this into that "other" debate... I'm fairly certain those millions were contributing more to humanity alive than dead.

Please expound on how the, as you put it, "potential to contribute" from one life is more valuable than another.

Can't wait for this.:D

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Damn True
Can't wait for this.:D
you're going to have to.

Re-read my original post in this thread... should explain everything.

I'm short on time right now, but I'll add this quickly.
All those lives have a lot invested in them: time, effort, resources, education...

Additionally I also stated quite clearly it is not my place to decide who lives and dies. But we as a society have accepted that sometimes we have the right to decide that for individuals. We have never accepted that anyone has the right to decide that for an entire group of people. The precedent that would set is a great enough detriment to society that even disregarding the loss of human potential, we still have a net loss.