Quantcast

diablo 10/16-17

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro

heading up early saturday am... camping or crashing in the truck and riding a bit on sunday as well. i'll have an open spot in the truck if anyone wants it.

oh, and bring some legwarmers... it's 80s day :sneaky:

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
heading up early saturday am... camping or crashing in the truck and riding a bit on sunday as well. i'll have an open spot in the truck if anyone wants it.

you know i'll be there on the 16th. oh man, i'll have to plaster my SGS with my kuwahara sticker pack and break out the parachute pants!

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
there, this time I will go if I am sick or not, I need to hit diablo one last time before I break out the snowboard....I will only camp if Dan is in charge of the camp fire.

julio

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Anyone have a spare sleeping bag and pad i can borrow my camping **** is at home. I havent gone yet and wanna ride their once this season even if its on the heckler.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
F*ck yeah.

I, uh, might even be able to ride BOTH days. Just gotta remember to take my "Chaser" :rolleyes:

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
I'm in...want 2 leave early on Sat..have truck...live in Fredneck, AND I'M NOT DRIVING SOUTH TO GO NORTH!!!!!!

SP

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Damn money and buying bike parts. I might not be in now as im about to spend moneys on parts for the HT build and changing up the heckler.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
uh... priorities? Riding sweet-ass place on your last opportunity of the season for $28, or spend all your $$$ to "upgrade" some components? Damn son. ;)

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
SHEDPIMP said:
I'm in...want 2 leave early on Sat..have truck...live in Fredneck, AND I'M NOT DRIVING SOUTH TO GO NORTH!!!!!!

SP
so what does that mean? If your really going stop by and pick me up since im local, I got gas $ with your name on it :thumb:

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
damn and all this started with me just saying that i'll be up around there the 16th because my GF got me jets/49ers tickets for my bday and i was thinking about hitting up mtncreek on saturday. it will be SWEET to have locals to ride with!

hey dan, any chance my bike can get a ride home with you? i'll be in NYC saturday night and i don't think i want to stash the SGS in the car. i can pick it up anytime since your not too far away from me... i'll give you a few fo-tees as bike transport payment ;) just make sure you don't drink too much so you can ride on sunday :thumb:

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
Oh no doubt I'm down for drving...but last time I had to drive from Fredneck to Reston (in rush hour) to drive right past Fredneck again...yeah that was fun..

SP

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
corey_dcstreet said:

I'll be needing a ride. All my leads on new crap shuttle vehicles are dead-ends.

stiffro

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
okay, androol's out
... steve i can give ya a lift up if you still want it. i'm still trying to get a sportworks rack for the trip up... otherwise, we're just stuffing the bikes in the back of the exploder

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
corey_dcstreet said:
okay, androol's out
... steve i can give ya a lift up if you still want it. i'm still trying to get a sportworks rack for the trip up... otherwise, we're just stuffing the bikes in the back of the exploder
OK, in. Cheers.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
sweeeet... thanks damien! i've just been looking at bike retailers and those b*stards are all at InterBike.

that's the best price i've seen on it as well.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
I paid $300 for mine at Mt. Airy Bikes in (duh) Mt. Airy, but that was 3 years ago at least, might be more expensive now.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
DOH.....................

regarding this weekend at the Creek

Today
Oct 13 Partly Cloudy 69°/48° 0 %
Thu
Oct 14 Showers 64°/49° 50 %
Fri
Oct 15 Rain 65°/45° 60 %
Sat
Oct 16 Few Showers 58°/37° 30 %
Sun
Oct 17 Partly Cloudy 58°/38°

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
weather...

On the East coast you'd never have fun if you stayed inside every time there was a 30% chance of rain in the four-day forecast.

Rain sucks though.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
figures... a 12 day stretch of no rain, two days i'm going out to ride... RAIN! oh well, no way i'm giving up this kitchen pass... i'm still heading up.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
figures... a 12 day stretch of no rain, two days i'm going out to ride... RAIN! oh well, no way i'm giving up this kitchen pass... i'm still heading up.
what do i keep saying about believing weathermen? i still plan to hit it up this weekend.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
I worry for a few reasons..............

1) I may be going now some plans have changed (those of you in the know my bud is not coming)

2) Camping in the rain SUX

3) last time was there I kept making mental notes to myself saying "Holy Fuk, this would be insane if it was wet"

and
4) I am a sissy!

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
corey_dcstreet said:
okay, androol's out
Have you tried Paris? I think he may still be selling a 2.5" 4 bike sport works rack.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
yeah, he PMd me... but my wussy exploder only has a 1 1/4" hitch. :nuts:

and regarding rainy diablo.. will is my weatherman. i believe only him. camping in the rain DOES indeed suck, and perhaps we will have to find an emergency budget hotel room and stack all 45 of us VASA's in there. we'll figger it out...

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I wish i could still go but now my bike exploded on me. I went for a damn xc ride i get a flat on tires ive never flatted with, my rear derailler being **** from whistler finally gave in and went into my spokes and my front wheel is still outta true but even worse now.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
and regarding rainy diablo.. will is my weatherman. i believe only him. camping in the rain DOES indeed suck, and perhaps we will have to find an emergency budget hotel room and stack all 45 of us VASA's in there. we'll figger it out...
if anything, i plan on heading up there friday right after work and can check out local conditions and weather reports and give you guys updates... or we can all just ride and ignore the rain while we are slipping (getting punished) on those rock gardens!

keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain too much :nope:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=vernon,+nj
Friday
Mostly cloudy. Showers likely. Rain heavy at times. Highs in the lower 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Friday Night
Heavy rain in the evening. A chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s.

Sunday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
okay... here's the camping lowdown;

Beaver Hill Campgrounds: $29 per site (2 adults & 1 tent per site) $12 each additional adult. crazy expensive. we'd probably be better off in a hotel

High Point State Park: $15 per site (6 adults, 2 cars)
~17 miles from mtn creek, no alcohol in NJ state parks

Stomes State Forest: $15 per site (6 adults, 2 cars)
~20 miles from mtn creek, no alcohol in NJ state parks

Days In McAfee: ~$80 per night (however many people we can sneak in)

Wawayanda State park: full

i'm leaning toward High Point I guess... we should reserve a campsite or 2 ASAP though.

who's definitely going? my count is:
corey
steve D
julio
dan
sarah
dave

will, kalan & brad will already be up there... am i forgetting anyone else?

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
last time we visisted the Beaver we just paid like 30 bills for like 5 of us. Maybe we got lucky or maybe its the time of season they really don't care?

Steve

It is looking like I and T will be going. Will know better by the end of the day.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
SDH said:
last time we visisted the Beaver we just paid like 30 bills for like 5 of us. Maybe we got lucky or maybe its the time of season they really don't care?

Steve

It is looking like I and T will be going. Will know better by the end of the day.
Uhhhhhuh...he said beaver.

Or maybe someone under-exaggerated how many people we had ;) :D.