Quantcast

Dig dug. My winter dig thread.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
We dug at The Farm 2.0 today, then we went out to Secret and shredded the new line. I rode like an as$ clown, but Chad, and Abe killed it. I flat bottomed the new hip so hard, i thought i was gonna lose my front teeth, again.

Me Flaty after the flat bottom retardness.

Abe tucky the new big set.

Chad ultra flaty

pete10141748

Chimp
Jan 21, 2009
Luton, UK
whoa. you guys build some pretty frickin' awesome dirt stuff there!
granted, the very thought of riding something like that scares the living sh*t outta a n00b like me, but still. Impressive stuff.

Makes me wana go dig my own spots and try out some dirtwork of my own.

pete10141748

Chimp
Jan 21, 2009
Luton, UK
2 weeks?!?
I might not even have bought a new bike by then!

Seriously though, if I weren't right in the middle of moving house, I'd be seriously inclined to go make something. I was bored of street and just getting into the dirt scene with a few other guys when I had to give riding up alltogether (various reasons).

I actually went and checked out the two spots we built and used way back when I was a kid, and the foundations are suprisingly still there, the jumps just turned into grassy humps now but I reckon with some work it could be salvaged; not worth it though, what we thought were "big" and "killer" doubles when we were 14 now looks lame as hell... you could jump on foot over them all LOL

Anyway, don't wana H/J this thread with my nostalgia :p

/signs off

WaveDude

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
TX
I actually went and checked out the two spots we built and used way back when I was a kid, and the foundations are suprisingly still there, the jumps just turned into grassy humps now but I reckon with some work it could be salvaged;
That's a good sign. At least they weren't plowed or turned into a shopping center or tract homes. Start digging. And don't forget to post directions when you're finished.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
You should probably give up on this dirt jump thing. I don't think it's working out for you. Plus, I think that maybe you should try and build something that isn't so girly, or ghey. Maybe you should try road biking. I hear that's gnar.

:)

Nice work homie.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Stealing is bad karma... And the last place you want bad karma is on dirt jumps!
Of course, you were just kidding though!~ dig it!

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Yeah, that is an Op tabe for Chad. He actually does them better that way than his normal way. Chad is a trail beast, and probably the best trail rider i have ever shredded with. He doesn't really trick that much, but i don't think there is a line out there that could stop him.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
The new Farm has poo dirt. Not fun to build with at all, but we'll manage. Just gonna take us twice as long to finish.

Thank to Ryan and Taylor for coming out and thowing down wth us. You guys killed it with the shovels fo sho.

Oh yeah, i got to sit ringside last weekend and watch the baddest man on the planet throw down. It was epic. I was chillin by Ron Jeremy.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Thanks y'all.

Just got the news that made my week. My boy Timmy just said The Felony Trails are running all the way through now. He said they are getting retarded height throught the sets.
Can't fycking wait to ride that $hit.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I am no where near riding any of those trails, and probably never will be, but that's inspiring. I've spent the past couple days building, loosing some skin, bleeding a bit, and totally stoked every time I see these pictures. Come home every night and check this thread hoping for updates, very cool! Thanks for the pictures and the digging stoke, I'm actually digging things correctly and doing it right the first time - it takes longer and its more work, but my god it hits better, and hopefully lasts longer.

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
So the secrets out...
Felony is definetely on the radar for everybody and their step sister. 20 fools down at the spot today, and who was the only one diggin? Me...
But whatever, they are soon to be chained.
Whoa is me:nopity:

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
There were 20 dudes at the PALMS because Felony is scary. The chain is built into the line inherently, it happens to by a massive hip followed by some other legit hits.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
So the secrets out...
Felony is definetely on the radar for everybody and their step sister. 20 fools down at the spot today, and who was the only one diggin? Me...
But whatever, they are soon to be chained.
Sux. No dig = no ride. Simple as that.
Concrete and chains FTW

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Abe and Jeremy built this step on, step off, while we were diggin at the new Farm. It completes the new line.

Here is the view from the end of the wood drop.

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
There were 20 dudes at the PALMS because Felony is scary. The chain is built into the line inherently, it happens to by a massive hip followed by some other legit hits.
I know and thats the way i like it, i wish i could take like a month off and finish it already. I can't wait to see you hit it! You know you want to...

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
We have bomb as$ weather right now, so we put down the Shovels to ride.

The Solame crew came down to ride.

Inman

Abe was doing this

Abe 30 seconds later

Burm shot

Inman throws nasty as$ whips