Quantcast

Dow 8900....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My health insurance for a family of four is $1208/mo.
This is for a good but not top shelf policy through Harvard Pilgrim.
I'm self employed and this is a discounted rate through a trade association.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I pay ~$200/month out of pocket for my wife and myself. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to find insurance "on the outside" for that amount aside from the catastrophic-coverage-only plans.
My last contract, I was paying $1242 a month for family coverage. I am now paying $780, but my co-pays went from $20 to $50 and my deductible is double.

A stark contrast from the coverage I had in 2000. Not a dime out of pocket, a company funded flex account ($100 a month) and the best PPO coverage I've had.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
^^^^ whatchewtalkingboutwillis? the money's on the action, player
I took profits 3 weeks ago on all of my long term position. I also bought a small short position on the most recent leg down and sold it way early after the touch of 1257 on the /ES on Aug 3rd. Since then I have been relatively flat, Ive been wanting to get back in but letting my emotions get in the way. I was anticipating a sell off today following yesterdays price action but not to the magnitude we are seeing. I still would like to see a rally back to the 1260ish neckline and and then begin further deterioration from there beginning in September, at which point I will short the farm.

As for the 1931 reference, take a look at the 1929 crash and the 3 years after. The 1931 legs down followed a +65% market retracement due to global bank defaults (mainly European banks). Who says history doesn't repeat itself? One could also argue that things are shaping up to look at a lot like Jan/Feb 2008.

But what do I know? ...I'm just a retail trader...and long volatility.