Quantcast

Duthie Work party(jumps) this Sun 9/13

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
FYI: HUGE progress on the DC line today. Dan was obviously stoked. It's all the way out to the lower meadow now. Ready for more dirt work. The stump gap will be nuts.

South end side note: there will be some issues about the broken arm farm getting rebuilt. Just sayin'.... Worth talking to the land owners.

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
The big double after the step down is in perfect shape after the recent rain. These things take time to dial in so don't hit a jump until you have checked it out and feel it is ready.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
It HAS been a long, dry summer and most of the work on the lower half of the trail (the bigger stuff) was built during that period. Now that the weather is less savory more often, we'll be putting in some serious man-hours out there. Lots of quality-control as well. Fear not, kids!!! :)

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Borneo: what is the deal with broken arm farm area? Rode through there a few months ago and some one went in and thinned out the trees destroying everything in that area. Are they going to allow for building?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Small crew yesterday - Kim, Brett and myself...Brett being the only non-gimpy person - but we still managed to get several things done. If you want to know what, I guess you'll have to go see for yourself. I'm just glad the days of beach sand are behind us!!

Next time, we will try to give more notice of upcoming work parties so that more of you can get out there to help.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Mover, the church that owns the land did some clearing. EMBA trail work parties done and posted to reclaim the trails there with their permission. I gathered that there were some attempts to reclaim the arm farm too and I guess that's not part of their plan. (The land owners...)

Back on DWB thread, any plans to deck or pull in that 20 something footer gap in Duthie? Maybe a decent case guard for a wusses?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Back on DWB thread, any plans to deck or pull in that 20 something footer gap in Duthie? Maybe a decent case guard for a wusses?
There is and we almost got to that point yesterday. Planning on stacking at least another layer of logs and filling on the backside of the lander. As-is, it's 25ft from lip-to-lip and <20ft to hard case. Once the area firms up a little, the issue will be OVERshooting it!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Its funny you say that because we did move the lip forward a couple feet a few weeks ago, now its good though. Once it packs in I dont think you will have to peddle.

We want to build the case guard up a bit, I can let you know next time we head out there, lots of logs around. Are you hitting the Steep-down?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Not yet. Too old and skeered. Saimo gave me a few tips on not popping it though and taking a flatter trajectory. Been working on the XC loop around it though. 60-70% ridable now.

dklopp

Chimp
May 1, 2007
Carnation/Spokane, WA, USA
i rode that line towards the beginning of august and nose cased that gap. i was moving pretty good too. it was a bit soft after the hip/step down and i even pedaled into the jump, but i was still pretty short. i think a deck is a good idea just in case. i was lucky only walk away with a bent front rim.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
i rode that line towards the beginning of august and nose cased that gap. i was moving pretty good too. it was a bit soft after the hip/step down and i even pedaled into the jump, but i was still pretty short. i think a deck is a good idea just in case. i was lucky only walk away with a bent front rim.
The trail is a work in progress, fresh new jumps are going to be soft and slow. I guess we should keep it closed for now. If you want, come to the next work party and help us put more logs and dirt in the back of the case guard.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
The dirt is in much better shape now than it was at the beginning of August. I rear-wheel-cased it three times in a row just before then and the dirt was already beach sand because we had just built it and it was mid-summer. It has gotten much faster and tackier since...especially with the touch-ups we did on the roller and the corner just before the Steepdown.

Apr 10, 2007
Hey guys, when's the next build day for the dirt jumps? I want to come out and help at Duthie, but I only see the xc work parties listed on the evergreen site. Anything going on this weekend or next?

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Hey guys, when's the next build day for the dirt jumps? I want to come out and help at Duthie, but I only see the xc work parties listed on the evergreen site. Anything going on this weekend or next?
I will shoot you a private msg next time we head out. Thanks!

Apr 10, 2007
Thanks! We will be doing a lot more work in the near future. The dirt is getting better and soon it will be PRIME digging season!
What are you guys working on mostly? the dj lines? I'm looking forward to doing some digging again :weee: Any woodwork yet? I'm anxious to break out the chain saw and split some ced-gnar :D

dklopp

Chimp
May 1, 2007
The trail is a work in progress, fresh new jumps are going to be soft and slow. I guess we should keep it closed for now. If you want, come to the next work party and help us put more logs and dirt in the back of the case guard.
I would but I'm in Spokane for school now. I will try to get out with a work party when I get back for winter break. Until then, I'm going to ride beacon and, as soon as we get some rain, start fixing it up over here. Everything is dust right now. I cannot wait for Duthie to be finished!!!! It will be a fun, local place to session.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Unfortunately, we need to keep the pics on the d/l since there are outside groups that get their panties in a huuuuuuge bundle when said pics are posted on bike forums. They troll them for various reasons - none of which tend to be beneficial to the trail(s) in the pictures. Soon, my frend...soon. (crossing fingers)

A few of us went out there today and just rode a bunch of the trails/lines that are currently out there. WOW!!! Each and every section is well done and super-flowy. Good work to those involved with them! As far as the Steepdown and Boss Hogg gap goes, they are hitting insanely well right now. About 1,000,000,000,000 times better than they did just around a month ago. I guess what I'm trying to say is to go check the place out if you haven't been there in a while. It's blowing up!!!

Last edited:

dklopp

Chimp
May 1, 2007
Unfortunately, we need to keep the pics on the d/l since there are outside groups that get their panties in a huuuuuuge bundle when said pics are posted on bike forums. They troll them for various reasons - none of which tend to be beneficial to the trail(s) in the pictures. Soon, my frend...soon. (crossing fingers)

A few of us went out there today and just rode a bunch of the trails/lines that are currently out there. WOW!!! Each and every section is well done and super-flowy. Good work to those involved with them! As far as the Steepdown and Boss Hogg gap goes, they are hitting insanely well right now. About 1,000,000,000,000 times better than they did just around a month ago. I guess what I'm trying to say is to go check the place out if you haven't been there in a while. It's blowing up!!!
Man, I really wanna ride it again! I need redemption.

Rdilla

Chimp
Sep 19, 2009
Ballard/West Seattle
Anyone going out there this weekend? I finally broke down and bought a Thule for my car and am now bike mobile. I'll either be coming from Ballard or West Seattle. Cheers.

livewakesnow

Monkey
Nov 19, 2008
woodinville
ok im trying to get out there to do some digging and riding but dont have a ride. im out here pretty deep lol. by the woodinville costco. dunno if theres any other monkeys trekking from around here. i could use help though and i got gas money

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
ok im trying to get out there to do some digging and riding but dont have a ride. im out here pretty deep lol. by the woodinville costco. dunno if theres any other monkeys trekking from around here. i could use help though and i got gas money
Wish I knew somebody out that way heading down. Hope you find a way - regardless, kudos for at least trying!!!

Weather should be good and I'd imagine things should be mostly optimal out there tomorrow. It's looking like we're going to have a solid crew from those I know that will be there.

The more, the merrier (and the sooner more sick sh*t gets built)!!!:weee: