Quantcast

Duthie Work party(jumps) this Sun 9/13

Rdilla

Chimp
Sep 19, 2009
Ballard/West Seattle
Lines are definitely looking sick! A lot of effort has been put into these trails and you guys get mad respect! Anyone else out there that can afford to donate a few hours of help would help out greatly and would really get this place going. Talking with a few of the riders out there this weekend told me that this place kills Seatac (RIP).

Great work guys! See ya next time.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Thanks! It was a productive day indeed. Thanks a ton to Jeff, Travis, Nelson, Trina, Luke, Jason and those in the crew that showed up for a killer day of digging and testing. Things are shaping up rather well - a couple little tweaks and the upper half is dialed.

There may be a couple/few of us out there tomorrow to do some touch-ups and test-piloting.

While I DO miss SST, this place is definitely helping me get over it...and then some!

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
This place is going to be so popular we are going to have to lines of people leading into each trail waiting to hit the goods. Serious props to Rdilla for riding and throwing dirt with us today. Duthie is serious fun. Damien, if you haven't come out yet, you will love it!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yeah, the XC stuff is the bomb. J/K: The air time stuff is goodness too. :)
Great progress at PV today, this week will mean more days on the SW loop for me though. Gotta get it wrapped before the snow really flies.

Did that monster 20' something gapper get tightened up some for us mere mortals?

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Fortunately, there are some talented folks working on the xc portions and the trails flow incredibly well (what is done so far). The feedback from everyone has been pretty positive from what I've seen. People actually taking their time to do it right makes a big difference. Not just punching in a trail to get it done.

livewakesnow

Monkey
Nov 19, 2008
woodinville
today was a blast! i hadnt been riding for like 2 months. got pretty familiar with the dirt corps line. rode the dwb and just couldn't get my speed up to par for that step down. oh well. another day. lets doo it again

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Fortunately, there are some talented folks working on the xc portions and the trails flow incredibly well (what is done so far). The feedback from everyone has been pretty positive from what I've seen. People actually taking their time to do it right makes a big difference. Not just punching in a trail to get it done.
Thanks, yeah, it's going slow. But, so far so good. Hoping to have the SW loop complete by the end of the month. Less, refinements. Optional lines later...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, the XC stuff is the bomb. J/K: The air time stuff is goodness too. :)
Great progress at PV today, this week will mean more days on the SW loop for me though. Gotta get it wrapped before the snow really flies.

Did that monster 20' something gapper get tightened up some for us mere mortals?
It is still a monster gapper, but the case guard extends back to 16' as opposed to the 20-21' it previously was. Tons of folks hitting it up and even the worse case (Fromet, I believe ;) ) was just barely at the back of that. Once that area has settled a bit, it will be a brakeless/pedal-free experience!!!

And, yes, the XC lines are freaking tight as well!:thumb:

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Thanks, yeah, it's going slow. But, so far so good. Hoping to have the SW loop complete by the end of the month. Less, refinements. Optional lines later...
Actually I have yet to check out your line Bob. I was talking about the other lines. If nothing else it I'm sure it will be free of those pesky Autumn leaves! Anybody seen my leafblower???????

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Can you park in the clearing regularly or is that only on designated work weekends?

Is there a gate @ the end of the road to the clearing?:confused:

Last weekend I parked at the park entrance proper and rode the boardwalk through the swamp(nice bit of building BTW:thumb:) not a big deal but was curious if a person could cut to the chase and just park next to the GOODS:D

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Can you park in the clearing regularly or is that only on designated work weekends?

Is there a gate @ the end of the road to the clearing?:confused:

Last weekend I parked at the park entrance proper and rode the boardwalk through the swamp(nice bit of building BTW:thumb:) not a big deal but was curious if a person could cut to the chase and just park next to the GOODS:D
When there's a work party, you will want to come in thru the gate on the south side (Issaquah-Fall City Rd. entrance across from where Grand Ridge Trail pops out) and follow the road down to the clearing. If no work crews are out there, the gate will be locked, but if you know a crew is active that day then it should be unlocked.

That either helped you or just confused the sh*t out of you...hopefully the former! :D

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
The gate access should be used only for builders and work party attendees. Not just for riding. The gate should also always be closed behind going in and going out as well.

Spinning across the boardwalk can't be THAT bad? ;)

BTW: The short climbing switchback section is now clear and open next to the old road that climbs back out of the small meadow. The big log is out!