Quantcast

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
wtf?

so wrong on so many levels..
people can call the cops on a person walking on the street???? for a unarmed older guy at daylight on public space?? and cops have a "right" to stop you and ask you whatever the fuck they want just because you are walking on the street?...
and then, to tackle you into a wheelchair, just because.... even if you pose no threat and are not-violent and get away with it???

guy didnt speak english.... what if you are blind/deaf? or retarded?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
wtf?

so wrong on so many levels..
people can call the cops on a person walking on the street???? for a unarmed older guy at daylight on public space?? and cops have a "right" to stop you and ask you whatever the fuck they want just because you are walking on the street?...
and then, to tackle you into a wheelchair, just because.... even if you pose no threat and are not-violent and get away with it???

guy didnt speak english.... what if you are blind/deaf? or retarded?
He was lucky he did not get shot. Such are the ways of our finest nowadays.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hopefully the new judge isnt as corrupt

Charges have been refiled against against a Reading police officer, who prosecutors said punched a woman and smashed her cell phone during a traffic stop. The Berks County District Attorney's Office made the announcement on Thursday. Officer Jesus Santiago-DeJesus faces charges of official oppression and several other charges.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-berks/Charges-refiled-against-Reading-police-officer/40818452?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WFMZ

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
fucking unions.

It took less than 24 hours for a police union president to spin the story of how a North Miami police officer shot a man with his hands in the air.

The cop was actually trying to kill the autistic man holding the toy truck in order to prevent him from killing his caretaker with the toy truck.

At the time, the cop was still under the impression that the toy truck was a gun, so he wasn’t taking any chances.

This despite the fact that caretaker Charles Kinsey had repeatedly told officers that it was a toy truck.

“The movement of the white individual looked like he was getting ready to discharge a firearm into Mr. Kinsey,” said Miami-Dade police union boss John Rivera in a press conference today, attended by WSVN.

And the officer discharged trying to strike and stop the white male and unfortunately, he missed.”

Rivera went on to slam the media for reporting on this story.
https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/07/21/north-miami-police-meant-kill-autistic-man-instead-injuring-caretaker/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_group&utm_medium=PINAC News Group&utm_content=North Miami Police Meant to Kill Autistic Man Instead of Injuring Caretaker

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
DNC says F@ck the Police!

Rudy Giuliani said:
“There was not a uniformed police officer allowed on the convention floor. I was told that by four high-ranking Philadelphia police officers, two of whom I’ve known for a very long time,” he continued. “And then I walked the floor two nights — couldn’t find a single uniformed police officer. Go look at your footage: You find me a uniform. Hillary Clinton didn’t want uniformed police officers on the convention floor.”

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Maybe the DNC didn't require as many police officers as the RNC simply because the Dems aren't prone to brawling like the Repubs.

Odd though that a more racially diverse crowd would have less violence than an all white crowd. That just seems to counter what Trump, the GOP, and FoxNews have been touting. Hmmm...

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
damn burping thugs.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A federal appeals court upheld the arrest of an Albuquerque student for burping in class on purpose.

The incident happened in May 2010 when the 13-year-old belched repeatedly during P.E. class.

The teacher made him sit in the hall, but he kept burping and laughing, prompting the teacher to call out the school resource officer.

The boy was eventually handcuffed and taken to juvenile jail.
http://krqe.com/2016/07/28/court-upholds-arrest-of-albuquerque-student-for-burping/

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If something comes at you with big teeth acting like it's going to take a bite out of you, you react. I have no problem with them doing this to an aggressive capable breed that presents a hazard. If the person can control their animal, it probably wouldn't happen. I doubt they would shoot a dog just out of spite, but when things happen fast, they are going to protect themselves.

And the of course the dog owner is going to say "but that's the first time he's ever barked/bitten/charged", etc.

Hella skeptical. People's connection to their animals is sometimes so strong that they stop perceiving reality correctly.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
If something comes at you with big teeth acting like it's going to take a bite out of you, you react. I have no problem with them doing this to an aggressive capable breed that presents a hazard. If the person can control their animal, it probably wouldn't happen. I doubt they would shoot a dog just out of spite, but when things happen fast, they are going to protect themselves.

And the of course the dog owner is going to say "but that's the first time he's ever barked/bitten/charged", etc.

Hella skeptical. People's connection to their animals is sometimes so strong that they stop perceiving reality correctly.
Did you miss the part where its an 8yo labrador?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did you miss the part where its an 8yo labrador?
So at least a medium sized to larger dog and you are telling me that they should risk rabies or an infection?

???

I'm tired of this "my dog can do no wrong" attitude.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Im not saying that could never happen. But people also happen to be sick of trigger happy cops.
Defending either side of the argument is pretty silly cause we both werent there obviously.
But you said "agressive capable breed" and i dont think a labrador fits the description really.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Im not saying that could never happen. But people also happen to be sick of trigger happy cops.
Defending either side of the argument is pretty silly cause we both werent there obviously.
But you said "agressive capable breed" and i dont think a labrador fits the description really.
I think it absolutely can, all it takes is the attitude, it's got the teeth to make it happen. All dogs can be protective and go into that "mode", while they may not understand that their perceived attacker is not trying to attack them.

I agree with the gun-happy cops, I think videos are bringing this out and the efficiency of modern communications is pulling the sheets back to reveal what has been going on all this time, but it requires significant evidence, like video, etc., otherwise I'd rather have the police defending themselves legitimately than being put in harm's way when responding to calls by people's pets. Because the gun-happy cops is a thing, as has been shown in many places, there's going to be tendency to think that's what's going on without considering the evidence or lack of. That's what I'd want to avoid. I have to be as objective as possible in my job, and evidence is what drives everything. One person that makes a claim isn't evidence, need more.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
If deliverymen that work for USPS/UPS/FedEx/DHL can figure out a way to do their jobs without shooting dogs, why can't cops? They're faced with aggressive dogs far more often on a daily basis than police officers.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not trying to defend the cop here, but I've got a Lab/Golden Retriever mix with some real stranger danger/aggression issues. If a cop shot Denver, as upset as I'd be, not real sure I could blame the officer. Now that being said, he's also not a "therapy dog" (see mandowns thread about dogs). I would presume that anyone claiming as such, would have a more mildly tempered dog.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If deliverymen that work for USPS/UPS/FedEx/DHL can figure out a way to do their jobs without shooting dogs, why can't cops? They're faced with aggressive dogs far more often on a daily basis than police officers.
Deliverymen don't have the same obligation to respond to people and situations. They can drop-kick your package over the fence.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Deliverymen don't have the same obligation to respond to people and situations. They can drop-kick your package over the fence.
The average animal control officer isn't equipped with firearms and they also get along just fine without shooting dangerous animals. They might have pepper spray or blunt weapons but that's about it.

I volunteered in wild life rescue one year too and despite regularly working with dangerous animals I didn't need a firearm or kill any of them simply because I was ignorant/fearful/lazy.