Quantcast

Eurobike Photos

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Espen said:
I think it looks promising. It's good to see that there are different (and maybe cheaper and simpler) ways to make new drivetrain systems.

e
Agreed. Those pics helped a lot on how it looks to work. Thanks Chris!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Transcend said:
There are some truly nice bikes out this year. .
I hear ya..:thumb:

I'm still not sure about that long thing that sicks out under the Fox DH fork!! Buy the looks of the bolts under my Boxxer, I would of damaged that thing a long time ago.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Acadian said:
I'm still not sure about that long thing that sicks out under the Fox DH fork!! Buy the looks of the bolts under my Boxxer, I would of damaged that thing a long time ago.
:stupid: something tells me fox will have to change that, i too would have busted it off long ago

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
ViolentVolante said:
:stupid: something tells me fox will have to change that, i too would have busted it off long ago
Maybe its keyed like on the Boxxer and Dorado. I took my lower adjustment knob off on my Dorado.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
nice work on the pics Chris!

RE: sliding spline for power trasfer, not too difficult of a design challenge IMO. I can think of a few ways to pull it off.

Alex, how did you do yours?

Dave

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
If you look close at the ad of Marla Streb muf...er sky diving with her V-10, you can see that enourmous black thing is replaced by a smaller, blue adjustment knob.

DoubleDown

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
The blue knobs are what are under the black knob/cover. The black knob/cover protects the compression adjustment knobs from impact.

I wouldn't run the fork without that cover on there...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
dw said:
nice work on the pics Chris!

RE: sliding spline for power trasfer, not too difficult of a design challenge IMO. I can think of a few ways to pull it off.

Alex, how did you do yours?

Dave
mine didn't have one. i used 5 gears and tried to center my chain line.

this whole deal is bad b/c your shifting chain is at a 1-1 speed. that made shift real slow. you need at least a 32 at the crank, not a 24 T.

lots work in there though

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
DoubleDown said:
The blue knobs are what are under the black knob/cover. The black knob/cover protects the compression adjustment knobs from impact.

I wouldn't run the fork without that cover on there...
oh...so the black extension IS meant to protect the adjuster knob?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ok maybe i am late but.....did anyone relize that fox has the new 20mm single crown that the board has been playing with themselves thinking about for the past year +...:confused:

anyone...

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
The 36 looks huge compared to the fork next to it. Even if its the angle it still looks huge. A good huge though. DH 40 looks like a serious DH fork just hope the $ is not too high for mortals.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Supa8 said:
The 36 looks huge compared to the fork next to it. Even if its the angle it still looks huge. A good huge though. DH 40 looks like a serious DH fork just hope the $ is not too high for mortals.
The price of th ehigh end HD 40 will be between a dorado and dorado SPV.

The price of the lower end Dh40 will be below Dorado price.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Supa8 said:

ooooooooooo sh1t i just relized that the single crown fork was the 36, i thought it was something smaller than that... :thumb: up to me (NOT)