Quantcast

Everyone's Ride Gallery

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Got some shots of the pros racing.
Some of them are good...others are just meh.

I've got photos of every pro (I think), so if you want a pic. let me know...I'm just posting some of my favorites right now.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
What Bob does when he is not racing

Kicking up a little of that Fontana dust

Some of the spectators were so scared of the rocks on the course they decided to wear helmets while watching the race

The Yeti looked so smooth through the rocks...maybe that should be my next DH bike??? :D

Alf is camera shy

Some members of the crowd showed their patriotism

Ian Odom with a little style

Even pro's sometimes hit the dirt...ouch

Yep...really liking those Yeti's :p

Harder-er-er-er or something like that

Condrashoff

Rennie

Riffle

Rando

Hmmm...that blue Intense is awfully nice too....

Zuke

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
SLO, CA
Shyrmp -

These pics continue to be AMAZING! These are better than anything in Bike or MBA! Unbelievable!

The_Sluck

Chimp
May 14, 2007
Thanks for taking that pic! TJ didn't show again because he would have lost to me...
word to your mom

Hello? TJ? Yeah, it's Pat. Your 5th place finish in sport SUCKS. I could wheelie all the way to the finish line and still beat you. And I'm smart enough not to show my pit stains

What? No, I didn't say you suck. I asked if your bro could ever beat the Sluck. By the way, can you give me a ride home. Hello? TJ?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
word to your mom

Hello? TJ? Yeah, it's Pat. Your 5th place finish in sport SUCKS. I could wheelie all the way to the finish line and still beat you. And I'm smart enough not to show my pit stains

What? No, I didn't say you suck. I asked if your bro could ever beat the Sluck. By the way, can you give me a ride home. Hello? TJ?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clapping:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
Sorry it took me awhile to get to the Cal State Photos....I was busy :D

So back to the biking photos...Brad Lawrence making the course look easy

DH practice for the Cal State

We have liftoff!!!!!

and landing

I really don't know what to say about this....

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! On to the races...

I think this guy was jumping for joy that the Nationals were over and this was just the Cal State race.

Rocks!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
I forsee that this is going to end badly...

Same rocks, different riders

That Fontana dust is like quicksand...it sucks you in when you least expect it

Let's move on to some stylish youngsters...up first Roger

Wheee!

+1 for style points

Another one that is probably not going to end so well

Just a few more peeps, I promise.

Well that's all folks! I'll leave you with another pic of why it took me so long to post these pics. :p

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
We were on our way to nowhere today to break in the new bikes and equipment.
From freezing temps a couple of weeks ago to boiling oil hot 1000F today. Last snapshots before the camera hucked a drop to flat.

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
I recognize those lowers! Looking good.

Im going to have to come down there to test the DH bike sometime. Look for it at Sea Otter ;)

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Fancy! Looks awesome. Im working like a dog to finish this thing. Here are a couple of pics....

If you know anyone that needs a place to stay at Sea Otter, I have some room in camping....

See you guys up there :)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
no helmet... awesome example for the underage spectator :disgust:
OK for the little juniors out there this is not a great example of what should be worn. Wear a helmet at all times and dont be like us old schoolers. I make my kids wear a helmet at all times (bikes, skateboards, rip sticks and roller blades).
BTW:
Its 4" of squishy grass and soft dirt. Youll break your neck before your skull right there! I can headbutt the ground there asnd come up dirty but not hurt! Doesnt make it right but thats the reason!

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Who left the oven on in San Diego?? It's 450 deg when we got back from Tehachapi.

I rode the course on Sat and it was kinda fun to ride but not necessarily to race. However, I'm retired so I didn't race. I'm collecting retirement funds from all the years NORBA sucked it to me with all the late and processing fees.

After several of the Chinese men cleared immigration, for the first time, we finally had the entire Hutchinson Tires development and most politically correct team in one place.

"Honky (Andy Goddard)" -frustrated with the language barrier.

"Chin-cho-ko-pao!" -Mac N Cheese aka Shyrmp cheers Chow Mein (Arkayne) on. Hella team support.

Honky leading the train..

"Come sail away with meeeeee." -STYX .. a song that on The Sluck's Ipod under the Pre-Race songlist.

Egg Roll aka The Sluck. Overly prepared for racing that he mentally hikes back up the course when mess up visualizing a race run. He's whacked.

Got thermonuclear protection???
Kung Pao aka ultranoob

Mac N Cheese shredded the course like soft cheddar.

"Where's dhmike?" -Egg Roll

"How did I qualify for the Chinese National DH Team again?" Honky

Agenda item 4 at the next team meeting: How to properly fasten number plates. :p
Kung Pao airing it for the people's republic of Panda Express

Honky is just happy to be out of the trailer park.. and sober.

"I know how to spell sober? s-o-B-E-E-R, Sober!!" Trailer Trash aka Zark

Chow Mein (Arkayne) sandbagged his way to a 4th place finish in Expert class. :) Awesome!

Trailer Trash (Zark) made Scotland proud with a 2nd place finish.

Justin, after watching you at the bottom section, dude, move up before the bitter sports class puts a bounty on you. :) Great showing!!!

Egg Roll and Honky finished 3rd and 5th, respectively, in the Purgatory Sports class.

Shyrmp earned it.

The Tacoma cabin was glowing on our drive home and I could not see infront of the truck being behind The Sluck's head. :p

ALL awesome pics were taken by Arkayne or Arkayne's awesome wife. Thanks for sharing and for all the support.
Special thanks to Vaginil for not racing again. Yeah..

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Cool pics!

When I called you the other day, we were turning right to get on the freeway in Salinas leaving sea otter and we thought we saw you driving. You were going towards San Francisco instead of San Diego. I was letting you know you were going the wrong way.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
That was one hell of a fun day! The course was a bit short (although I still got winded at the end) but hanging out with the peanut gallery is what it's all about. Now I just have to heal from the sunburn.