Quantcast

Expressions you hate and wish people would stop using?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
to many pages...joining the thread late, but did anyone mention.....

"The fact of the matter is...." Usually means they are bluffing or unwilling to accept that there might be another option to what they are suggesting. It is OK if used once on occasion. I worked with a CPA that used it all the time....drove me nuts. Like every other sentence, when he is talking to a client.

It is like "hey if you aren't taking me seriously, listen to me now!" :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is, that it drove me nuts! :D To the point of nasseum

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I could live without "sucks" and "sucky".

The term "sucks a$$" is especially annoying. For my own sanity, I always imagine a little donkey being sucked up through a straw...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
N8 said:
eh?

And

Use guyz...
Spelling correction:

Yous guys

Brought to you buy the Philadelphia chapter of Reading/Spelling/Speaking is not that Fundamental.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
To exume an old thread:

When people say: "Ya wanna" instead of "would you please" as in:

"Ya wanna hand me that wrench?"

Blood-boilingly irritating.

Also: supposebly and kewl.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Ridemonkey said:
I dated a girl who would say "unless if". As in "I can't do this unless if you can help me". Broke up with her over it.
Was she a blonde? :D

Did she own a set of salad bowls with the words ''Cool Whip" stamped on the side? :D

Did she look like and have a body built like Jamie Lee Presley in Poison Ivy? :drool: CUZ if she did, I'd let her talk n e dang way she'd wanna CUZ I'd be a HAPPY MAN! OH YEH! :love: Yeh baby! Who's yer Dad E, who's yer Dad E!? Oooo I get so hot when you abbrevieate baby!

Oh look, I used "CUS" instead of BCUZ! Just doing my part to keep the caldron stirred :D:rofl:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
"meh"

"that's what I'm talking about" or "that's what I'm sayin" - heard repeatedly from a group of four girls when walking out to my car from my office one day.

Finally, and I preface this with the fact that I can tolerate and have listened to System of a Down, their song where the chorus goes, "It's the most loneliest day...." C'mon, it's either the most lonely day, or the loneliest day. No wonder kids are growing up with an inability to speak.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
narlus said:
when people use the fictitious word "orientated"
:stupid: Even if it is a real word, it doesn't make it right.

Generally, I don't need people to talk for me to hate them. With the exception of close friends and family, pretty much everybody is an asshole. :D