Quantcast

...Fell into a Cesspool today...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Oh man,

Was riding with Kizzi today. I was slowing down to wait up for her after a techy descent. I pulled up next to a stump to put my foot on, so I could just set there on the bike, and not have to track stand or get off. Well, the moment I put my foot on the stump, it freaking evaporates under my weight, and I fall off a 6 foot cliff into a mud/leaf/water mosquito breeding pit.

...my bike was completely submerged, and I have pisgah in 4 days. Im going to pull apart the rear hub, clean everything out of the frame etc. What the hell should I do about my BB. I cant take apart the external bearings, can I? Should I need to?

Otherwise, I was not hurt, BTW, in case you were concerned:rolleyes:

J

JRB

ugh - hhaahahaha

You can pull the seals out of the BB with a dental pick and make sure they are not contaminated.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....I was too far behind to see the actual falling but came across this:

He missed me doing a flip on a crash later, though.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BurlyShirley said:
...my bike was completely submerged, and I have pisgah in 4 days. Im going to pull apart the rear hub, clean everything out of the frame etc. What the hell should I do about my BB. I cant take apart the external bearings, can I? Should I need to?
You can actually take apart cartridge bearings fairly easily, just use some kind of pointed object (I use a razor blade) to pry the seals up. If you do this, just hose them out with WD-40, dry them, and repack them with a small amount of bearing grease. That goes for any cartridge bearing - bottom bracket, headset, or otherwise.

If you just went under and immediately pulled everything out, though, I wouldn't think your bearings are shot. Just make sure there's no standing water anywhere in the frame or components and dry everything off really well.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
kizzi77 said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....I was too far behind to see the actual falling but came across this:

He missed me doing a flip on a crash later, though.

...did BS get leeches in his breeches?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
That there exploded stump is what did me in.

I'll check out the bearings, but bike was only under for maybe 5 seconds, as I was confused as to what in the hell just happened.

J

JRB

I was wrong about the best thread ever earlier.

I would check the fork for water too. I don't know how much those seals keep out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
..yeah, not even close, mama's boy
Yeah but I see his point.

I had no idea you were a pretty boy. I thought you were in the Army or something.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stosh said:
Yeah but I see his point.

I had no idea you were a pretty boy. I thought you were in the Army or something.
Am I pretty? I've had pics posted on here before. I happen to look a little pretty in this one I guess. Please dont wank off to it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Am I pretty? I've had pics posted on here before. I happen to look a little pretty in this one I guess. Please dont wank off to it.
Too late!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Westy said:
That cesspool like like a running stream.
that makes no sense. like like?

Anyway, it was a stagnate part of a creek. Look closely and you can see that "film" that gets on the water

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stinkyboy said:
I subscribe to People magazine. I forgot to list it in the magazine thread.
What type of information is contained in PEOPLE?

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Apparently not the type of information one needs to move out of his mom's basement.
hahahaha - awesome

I can't believe stosh is hitting on you.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. You put your foot on *that* and expected it to support you? You're dumber than a jar of frogs, boy............. :p
Heh,

It didnt look like that when I put my foot on it. Not even close:rofl: It looked liek a regular gray stump.