Quantcast

fontana DH race nov 19th

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
hey i am getting ready for the dh race in fontana on the 19th, and was wondering hows the terrain there. i am kinda of nervous because it's been so long since i race there or raced period for that matter.

after having are daughter two years ago it has been really hard to get any ride time. so i decided to dedicate some time for racing just put in ride time. i hope i am not sounding selfish but any of you monkeys that have kids you know what i am talking about.

drizzle

Chimp
Mar 16, 2006
hey i am getting ready for the dh race in fontana on the 19th, and was wondering hows the terrain there. i am kinda of nervous because it's been so long since i race there or raced period for that matter.

after having are daughter two years ago it has been really hard to get any ride time. so i decided to dedicate some time for racing just put in ride time. i hope i am not sounding selfish but any of you monkeys that have kids you know what i am talking about.
depends on what course they run, they have course that are pretty tech but like always you have to pedal the wall. I would recomend riding long distance to get in shape for the wall.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
it'll be a good time for sure... the terrain is never very difficult but it can be decent at times...

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
i'll be there as well!!! ...& quite possibly on my OWN DH BIKE!! yah, shocking isn't it!?!?! hell it's been like 2 years i think since i've owned one!?!? hehe... everthing is arriving this week...but we'll see if i have time to build it up. if not, i'm sure i'll be borrowing a bike or just cruising on my xc bike. i'll be there nonetheless!

drizzle

Chimp
Mar 16, 2006
yeah right hahahaha you will go there and be like yeah i just take pictures. Hey what bike are you getting

drizzle

Chimp
Mar 16, 2006
haha... maybe... donno.. i might shoot a little...jsut to fool around w/ a new little lens i got.

getting a Iron Horse Sunday. baby poo brown ;)... but i'm gonna paint it... so the color didn't really matter much.
sweet when are you going up, let me know i am going to meet stevo and get up early and then drink some beer. hhahahaha late

drizzle

Chimp
Mar 16, 2006
yeah i might have to work both day this weekend, most deff. sat. but we will see. I kinda need the money.

i'll be up both sat. and sun.,
i wear a black Bellistic, and roach rally DH shinguards...

but if you really want to find me, look for this bike:

itll probably be the tallest bike without super monsters youll ever see...

except now i have a front brake with a hope wavy rotor, black grips, a 2.8 DH 32 up front and the DH 24 in that pic. on the back.

skate

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006

except now i have a front brake with a hope wavy rotor, black grips, a 2.8 DH 32 up front and the DH 24 in that pic. on the back.
Are you going with you friend or is it just you.

skate

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
if he can get ahold of his new 888 works, he will try to race.

he is just low on money to pay the entry fee and shuttle fee.

otherwise, he really wants to though

Just have his parents loan him the money. It's not like he's not going to get any money any time soon. If anything 35 bucks should be pretty easy to come by. I would think.....

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005

you got a BB height for us on that rig?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
When I went to one of the winter series races there, there was suposedly 100% chance of rain/thunder/lightning. It only drizzled a little and the course was so perfectly tacky.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I plan to be out there (shooting photos), never been.

Anyone recommend any good spots on the DH and XC courses? I'm looking for something technical / rocky, where guys are ripping but not grunting uphill or looking dead.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Go to the upper half, past the lower part of the shuttle road (you will know it, when you walk up the course). I won't be there...

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
dh bike's almost built!!! just gotta find chainguide device that fits!! my e13's on the way but i donno if it'll make it before the weekend!
when the hell did the may another "international sizing" for the ISCG mounts!?!? i've been out of the loop for too long!
Aaaaaaack!! gotta find something!!