Quantcast

Fontana Race?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So, who's going?

Just waiting on a new shock bolt for my M3 (yes...got the bike working again and then snapped the shock bolt on Tunnel the same day). As long as that arrives by Fri. I'll be there!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Just drive to Intense and get the bolt, its 20 minutes south of fontucky on the 15.
I already asked but they're a bunch of a holes and said they wouldn't give it to me:disgust1:

Besides, I've been off my DH bike since Brian Head and I really need to get it dialed in again. Too bad our trails are shut down :(

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
:banana:

and Mike, if Kegan beats you on the Slayer, you have to trade him (me) for the Slayer. Its only fair. If you cant beat a Slayer you don't deserve an M3. I'm immune from this because I would only be trading with myself :biggrin:

Also, anyone ever stay at the Quality Inn in Ontario (514 N Vineyard)? I have until Friday at 4 to cancel the reservation if the hotel is dump.

Last edited:

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA

and Mike, if Kegan beats you on the Slayer, you have to trade him (me) for the Slayer. Its only fair. If you cant beat a Slayer you don't deserve an M3. I'm immune from this because I would only be trading with myself :biggrin:

Also, anyone ever stay at the Quality Inn in Ontario (514 N Vineyard)? I have until Friday at 4 to cancel the reservation if the hotel is dump.
HAHAHA, kegan beating me...that's a funny one. Been racing for 3 years and this is his second race, lol. You never know though, I'm known to suck at Fontana, haha.

If I were you though, I'd look at the course and then decide if you want the V10 or Slayer. The Slayer might be kind of nice at the wall ;)

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Just don't wear the System Of A Down shirt for your race run! :rofl:
Next time I see you there will be death! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I totally forgot about that but now that I think of it...EVERY time I've worn that under my jersey I've crashed. I'm still kicking myself for racing with that at Deer Valley! At least I didn't actually go off the bedrock drop with the double flat...that would have made for some great photos!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah, if I were the in the right place at the right time, which I probably wasn't... I didn't know you got a double flat. I've only done it with thorns. Did you plow the hell out of Barney Rubble or something?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Thats a nice place to stay. Most Hotels in that area are pretty nice.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Yeah, if I were the in the right place at the right time, which I probably wasn't... I didn't know you got a double flat. I've only done it with thorns. Did you plow the hell out of Barney Rubble or something?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My friend said that the only other person to take that line happened to be Leov. Actually, I took it totally on accident but it worked out pretty well, lol.

Actually, I got the flats crossing the grass field. Go figure..the one spot with only 5 rocks and I f it up. THats when I heard the two pops :poster_oops:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
My friend said that the only other person to take that line happened to be Leov. Actually, I took it totally on accident but it worked out pretty well, lol.

Actually, I got the flats crossing the grass field. Go figure..the one spot with only 5 rocks and I f it up. THats when I heard the two pops :poster_oops:
hahahaha

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Can't make it :( This is the only weekend my family can get together so it'll be our thanksgiving. I'm sooooo itching to hit the dh trails again!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I'm wondering how smoky and ashy it'll be there. Going down to the LA Auto Show for the day and then driving back up to SB to get my bikes/pick up my friends for Fontucky! So stoked to race again!!!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
I've got a barely ridden white/pink/flowery Intense SS you can borrow...oh wait nevermind I don't want any scratches on it (at least not ones I have not put on there) :D
oh i see how it is... fine then! i didn't want to ride your fairy bike anyway!! haha

u gonna be there?? has that kid popped yet?? he (or she) is really ruining the schedule now! ;-)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'll be there racing under 18 sport most likely (unless I sack up and go for Jr. X). I'm on a baby blue SX Trail, gray Giro Mad Max, Rouge kit, etc. Say hey if you see me.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ya, today was fun! Didn't finish anywhere near what I thought I was going to do. Damn dusty blown out corners! I slid all the way through one from the inside all the way to the outside...making me stop completely! Also happened to be in one of my hardest gears so it was hard to get it moving again!

Finished 21st in pro :( If I did not decide to take in the scenery on my race run I probably would have been at least top 15 :P

rancho_race1

Chimp
Mar 5, 2007
i moved up to expert today. only my 3rd DH race yet. managed to pull 5th place in 19-26 group. had alot of fun seein everyone out there riding and the course was rad!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ya, today was fun! Didn't finish anywhere near what I thought I was going to do. Damn dusty blown out corners! I slid all the way through one from the inside all the way to the outside...making me stop completely! Also happened to be in one of my hardest gears so it was hard to get it moving again!

Finished 21st in pro :( If I did not decide to take in the scenery on my race run I probably would have been at least top 15 :P
Maybe if your suspension was dialed in better!!!!!

Sorry had to be a smartass.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Or if he didn't smash his derailleur on that last rock "jump" before the wall started!

"Mike, I think there was a mistake, they have you in pro!" Quote of the weekend!

9th in Sport. Not too bad for my first trip to Fontana, and my 2nd ever race. The wall was ****in gnarly, was not expecting it to be that brutal. Lots of room for improvement. Can't wait for the winter series!

Last edited: