Quantcast

Forbidden Dreadnought...what y'all think?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
The DH bike finally dropped. I dig what they did aside from the colors and 'aldi' esque chainstay graphics, not into it at all.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
The DH bike finally dropped. I dig what they did aside from the colors and 'aldi' esque chainstay graphics, not into it at all.
Seems a big investment, for how many units they will move? 34mm horizontal travel. Never could come to grips with my Craftworks i-track, with 40mm, in corners. Never felt right.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
As long as the chain start starts short enough I’d think it would be ok. As long as it ends up around 435 while in the turn it’ll feel right for me.

edit, looked at forbiddens site, monster length stays. Not interested, if I wanted to drive a tanker I’d get a pole.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Reach seems good to me.
My last mullet DH frame was 443, and full 29" Canfield is 450 (both medium). Supernaughty is 443/447.
It's a DH bike, not endurpoo. Does not need to have 10 mile reach.

But the rear center on the other hand, good lawd!
Medium maxing out at 480mm, that is an oil tanker....

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Reach seems good to me.
My last mullet DH frame was 443, and full 29" Canfield is 450 (both medium). Supernaughty is 443/447.
It's a DH bike, not endurpoo. Does not need to have 10 mile reach.

But the rear center on the other hand, good lawd!
Medium maxing out at 480mm, that is an oil tanker....
Yeah, this. The reach (at least on the medium) seems fine, a tad shorter than enduro, which seems par for DH. But JFC the rear center... I had a Gnarvana for a bit with 450 rear and that thing felt like I was driving one of those fire ladder trucks that needs a rear steering man. I can't even imagine (how weird / sluggish) what something that starts at 446 and grows to 477 would feel like on a medium.

Edit: corrected the numbers for a medium/size 2. Point stands.

Last edited:

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
I think they’ve just designed it for the world cut tracks. There’s not many bermed turns on those tracks and a lot o tech to plow over. They seem to be clear in their listing that it’s for racing.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Yeah, this. The reach (at least on the medium) seems fine, a tad shorter than enduro, which seems par for DH. But JFC the rear center... I had a Gnarvana for a bit with 450 rear and that thing felt like I was driving one of those fire ladder trucks that needs a rear steering man. I can't even imagine (how weird / sluggish) what something that starts at 460 and grows to 480 would feel like on a medium.
@Flo33 to the rescue, tell him!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Only two people I know directly who've purchased a forbidden sold them within 6 months and complained about pivot reliability.

Also, the geometry looks about as fun on paper as 29 wheels on a DH bike are in person.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
they had similar ones from the beginning of the brand, those don‘t help with bad posture though

similar and better are the ones from sqlab, thats the grip i ride with:

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
similar and better are the ones from sqlab, thats the grip i ride with:

I must have a bad posture on my mtb but not on my commuter then...
The above sq-lab grips didn't stay long on my mtb. I do like them on my commuter with Ritchey Koyte bar tho

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think they’ve just designed it for the world cut tracks. There’s not many bermed turns on those tracks and a lot o tech to plow over. They seem to be clear in their listing that it’s for racing.

“Men who ride an expensive racing bicycle for leisure.”

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I really need to know what's proper. No one should ride a bike without everything proper which can only be taught in an awkward way in a parking lot, right @toodles?
Beats me man, I'm beyond coaching at this stage. I literally rode past Kovarik coaching some kid once and over heard him say "yeah thats what not to do"