Quantcast

Ford ends production of the Excursion

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Oh yeah, that was my first post in the political forum. I've been snooping for some time though, the reading here's much better than anywhere else on RM. Werd.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm not aware of the tax credit for hybrid buyers. How does it work?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
dan-o said:
I'm not aware of the tax credit for hybrid buyers. How does it work?
I think it's been around for a few years and has been renewed for at least another year. I don't know the specifics, but I believe it's a nonrefundable credit (must have a tax liability) that's available for certain qualifying hybrids in the year of purchase. I'm sure you can find more info on the internet somewhere.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Here's the hybrid credit info:

If you were wise enough to have already purchased your hybrid car during or before 2003, you probably enjoyed the $2,000 income tax deduction. Known as the "Clean-Fuel" vehicle tax deduction, the incentive is set to phase out during 2004 - 2006. Here's the breakdown:

2004: $1,500 tax deduction
2005: $1,000 tax deduction
2006: $500 tax deduction
That means there is no better time than now to scrap your old car and take advantage of the hybrid tax deduction. If you figure you pay 35% in income taxes, a qualifying purchase in 2004 is the equivalent of a $525 break on the sticker price. Now why would the government grant you a tax credit, encouraging the purchase of fuel efficient vehicles? Hybrid Car Guide has a number of theories about why politicians all support a tax deduction for people who purchase a hybrid car.

There's a couple of things to be aware of here to make sure you qualify for the tax break:

The hybrid car must not be purchased exclusively for business use
The vehicle must be new, and not intended for resale
Tax exempt entities are not eligible
The vehicle must meet emissions tests
It is our hope that the federal government elects to take a lasting position on this tax credit for hybrid automobiles. In the event that the tax policy should change, this informational resource will be kept up to date. In the meantime, you are encouraged to write to your elected representatives urging them to strengthen and extend the tax deduction for hybrid cars.

While there are other tax rebates available for electric cars, hybrid vehicles do not qualify for those incentives.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Toshi said:
if ford had put the diesel in the excursion i bet it would have sold better. i see a whole ton (or 3, har har) of f250s and 350s driven around by retired men, with the powerstroke, a camper top, and pristine paint/no mud on the mud flaps...
You can get them that way too ,BTW what scares me is the short broads who can barely drive a mini van and see let alone one of dem`s :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
suvs are mad cheap on ebay... good thank god they make a bike rack for a import... ill stick with my 24 MPG ;)

to quote Mcvain on the simposons.

"One highway, Zero city" :nopity: